5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is "Manual Dump Feature" Rear Seat?

Jerome10

Reaction score
Going through the 2021 buyers guide and under Interior Features and showing all the different seating options and corresponding trim levels and packages, many trim levels on the rear seat mention "manual dump feature". I actually think maybe all rear seats have this.

Looking online, running a forum search, didn't get any hits.

What the heck is a "manual dump feature"?

EDIT: I guess while I'm here asking this... what is the "20-percent fold-down console" that shows up on Laramie trims? Big Horns I believe have a folding armrest, at least with Level 2 package I'm pretty sure. Laramie adds this console feature. What is the difference?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
If I had to guess I’d bet it’s talking about the reclining rear seat on Laramies and higher trims. The manual handle you grab to recline the seat. Idk just a guess.
As for the console, the Laramie and higher rear console is different. The bighorn has a fold down cup holder/arm rest, but the Laramie+ actually have an armrest that opens up and has storage inside and is a little bigger.

Jerome10

Reaction score
Appreciate the reply, but I suspect that is not correct regarding the rear dump. It is mentioned on basically every seating option, including as standard on the Tradesman. My understanding is that the Tradesman doesn't have a reclining rear seat.

Maybe you're onto something though... could it be something like you pull a release handle and the seat back flops down or something?

Thanks for the info on the console, makes sense.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is for the front seat on a standard cab.
yes but if its called like that for the front seat i imagine since the op says they use the same terms for the rear seat it must be something very similar otherwise they would use a different term for it maybe

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
i think he was somewhat in the good direction

View attachment 149231
Is that from the owner's manual? If so, what year? It says it's for Standard Cab, but what does that mean? What do they consider to be a Standard Cab? It can't mean Regular Cab since they don't make a Regular Cab for 5th gens. Also, the illustration is showing the front seat. The OP was asking asking about the rear seat manual dump feature.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that from the owner's manual? If so, what year? It says it's for Standard Cab, but what does that mean? What do they consider to be a Standard Cab? It can't mean Regular Cab since they don't make a Regular Cab for 5th gens. Also, the illustration is showing the front seat. The OP was asking asking about the rear seat manual dump feature.
lol i can read but thank you, i know the op is asking for the rear seat,

if you read the other post i made after, post #6, you would see that i already covered most of your questionning.

did you find something better to explain what the op is asking? please share it.

at the end if its called like that for the front, well you can imagine its the same for the back, they are not refering to the storage, electronics etc... its about the seat mechanism

but what is it exactly, no one here said they know exactly, we are just getting closer and by op response he is happy with it..

Users who are viewing this thread