5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is it?

puck4576

Reaction score
In 2017 I purchased a Ram 1500 and on the bill of sale it said it was a Laramie Longhorn Limited. I just confirmed it with the dealer I purchased it from originally. When I look up listings there is no such thing. So really what is it. Was there a typo on the bill of sale? I am looking to sell or trade it as you can still get top dollar for it in our market place. It does say Limited on the glove compartment.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Based on your description, it's a Limited. If it was a Laramie Longhorn, there would be Longhorn badges.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s not a valid VIN. Check it again

puck4576

Reaction score
Based on your description, it's a Limited. If it was a Laramie Longhorn, there would be Longhorn badges. On a 2017 (4th gen) there would not be any badges that say Limited.
On the Bill of sale it says the trim is Sport and the Body Style is C/C Longhorn 4x4 5.7

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your VIN is not valid. It should have 17 digits. What you posted only has 16.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hahaha...that's a new one on me. The build sheet says it's a Longhorn, and the window sticker says it's a Laramie Limited. This is a CDM vehicle, so all bets are off. I'm not as familiar with Canadian trim levels.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hahaha...that's a new one on me. The build sheet says it's a Longhorn, and the window sticker says it's a Laramie Limited. This is a CDM vehicle, so all bets are off. I'm not as familiar with Canadian trim levels.
Window sticker also says Longhorn on it. Although did they have different trims for the 4th gens?
1658758411464.png

puck4576

Reaction score
We have what we call Autotrader in Canada and they show it either as a Limited or Longhorn but not both. Very odd as it does make a difference to the resale value. I guess I go with Limited as it does say that on the Glove compartment.

puck4576

Reaction score
You sir, have the chupacabra of Ram trucks
View attachment 135312
LOL It is so hard to figure out an evaluation on the truck for trading as there is nothing like it. We have such a shortage of vehicles here in Canada and they are not discounting anything but trying to low ball us on the trade so they make on both ends. The dealers are liking this shortage as everything is sold before it gets to the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online