5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is everyone using for stake pocket hole covers

Swicago

Reaction score
I printed my own, so I wouldn't have to pay $25 for the other 3D printed ones. I didn't bother trying to get them to sit flush as the upper lip is only 1.5mm thick, and I plan on getting a cover soon. Bed lined them so they look more textured like the rails/bed as opposed to the printed lines.
X2 for the STL file

hydrant328

Reaction score
I got the 3d ones from amazon. I think it E-S design. They fit perfect.

BoDarville

Reaction score
40B0815D-6423-4FF1-8DB5-BCFC846EA346.jpeg
Got these not-quite-Bullrings for $16 on Amazon. Had to trim some plastic, but they fit well and keep water out of the bed.

hceptj

Reaction score
I also went with the Bull Ring. I just used a razor knife to trim the bed cap and I've used them a half dozen times or so with no issues. I like that they recess but "click" when you pull them up and stay up, instead of falling back down. Makes it easier when it's just me tying stuff down in the truck.

1607626236003.png

midntrdr

Reaction score
I bought the ones on Amazon and they fit great. I think it’s funny we buy 50k-70k trucks but then complain about spending $22 to make it look better. I don’t mind paying for that guys time and effort to design, print, ship, and manage his Amazon and eBay marketplace. Even if I had all the supplies and equipment and could knock it out in an hour, my time is worth more than $22 to me.

Attachments

• 3F00FCA2-2B85-4A53-852E-F1827DD0E716.jpeg
    3F00FCA2-2B85-4A53-852E-F1827DD0E716.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 112
  • DD31503F-57FD-4591-A986-7283BD5E61D6.jpeg
    DD31503F-57FD-4591-A986-7283BD5E61D6.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 113

Studog

Reaction score
- Looks better
- I ran wiring up through the post channel so it helps protect it from the elements
- There are a couple holes in the post channel that can let water in if you have a tonneau
- Did I mention it make the rails look better and finished.
Anyone know if holes are different size in 2021....thx

mmcbeat

Reaction score
Dang, first the passenger side foam cup holder, now this. A couple of must haves I would have never thought about for my new Ram.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody found covers that fit the front stake pocket holes?

I know what you're thinking: But jimothy, the front holes are already covered!

Yes, but I'm continuing my adventures in wiring up my truck for lighting, solar, and power. I want to be able to put in some quick-disconnect wiring, and the front stake pocket holes are a good place to do this. I'd like a plastic, removable cover to hold a quick-disconnect port (something like this SAE port).

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody found covers that fit the front stake pocket holes?

I know what you're thinking: But jimothy, the front holes are already covered!

Yes, but I'm continuing my adventures in wiring up my truck for lighting, solar, and power. I want to be able to put in some quick-disconnect wiring, and the front stake pocket holes are a good place to do this. I'd like a plastic, removable cover to hold a quick-disconnect port (something like this SAE port).
To answer my own question, I found these Truxedo stake pocket covers. It's a set of four, so should hopefully do the trick. I think they will not fit flush, but that's okay for my purposes.

Dusm

Reaction score
Care to share the STL file? I have another project I would like to use this for to mount something in the stake hole.

X2 for the STL file
I found this can you guys make them from this?

Swicago

Reaction score
I found this can you guys make them from this?
I sent @Damion a pm, he sent me the STL. Fits pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread