5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHAT IN THE THUMP!!!

davisenvy

Reaction score
I started off with leveling spacers and when I went over speed bumps I heard a solid thump coming from the front end. The dealer thought it was the spring fully compressing and put a set of RC Coilover shocks on. The problem still persists. Would a new set of UCA"s fix this? And what is the thump that I am hearing its driving me crazy.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This may or may not be it but worth a shot. Check your front sway bar end links and make sure they're tight. There was a TSB for this as some came loose from the factory, not sure if maybe yours is happening now.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This may or may not be it but worth a shot. Check your front sway bar end links and make sure they're tight. There was a TSB for this as some came loose from the factory, not sure if maybe yours is happening now.
Ditto. Sounds like the sway bar not being tightened.

davisenvy

Reaction score
We test drove 3 different trucks with the same set up that were on the lot and all 3 of them did the thump. I'll mention the sway bar when I go in for a test driver here in a few. They took the spacers out, no thump. They put the coilovers in this morning and the thump is back. Any chance it is the shock toppinng out?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We test drove 3 different trucks with the same set up that were on the lot and all 3 of them did the thump. I'll mention the sway bar when I go in for a test driver here in a few. They took the spacers out, no thump. They put the coilovers in this morning and the thump is back. Any chance it is the shock toppinng out?
Shouldn't be. I've had the Readylift top hat on for about 20,000 miles now and zero issues. Best bet is there is probably something loose not tightened all the way. Sway bar is the most likely culprit. One of the end links is probably loose. Could also be the links for the steering. I assume yours is a newer truck but earlier trucks had an issue with one of the body mounts.

davisenvy

Reaction score
I'll take it to an indy when I get it back. The Rocky Ridge and the SCA trucks both did the same thing. My truck is a 2020 DT 1500 with 4,000 mi

Users who are viewing this thread