5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What in the **** is this weird noise?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 ram rebel
King 2.5 coilover at a 2" level
Bds control arm

I almost want to say its a busted cv axle? But it's so weird because it only does it when I turn very hard right (passenger) and when I straighten the wheel back straight it makes the sound as well. It makes no sound what so ever while turning left. It won't make the sound at high speeds or while at a stand still, only while moving less than 5mph or so... I'm pretty sure dealer will void the warranty for what ever it is and blame by after market suspension parts for the cause of what ever is broken/loose.. The con to going offroading I guess :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Do you have a video we can check ? What kind of noise ?
Btw i think i may have seen your group getting out of little creek on Long Pine road on Jan 3.
I was telling my wife how cool to see a RAM 1500 in the field doing offroad.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have a video we can check ? What kind of noise ?
Btw i think i may have seen your group getting out of little creek on Long Pine road on Jan 3.
I was telling my wife how cool to see a RAM 1500 in the field doing offroad.
I could have sworn i pasted the YT link lol. My bad. I just updated it.
No way! That's awesome lol. I literally use my rebel to offroad only

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
I could have sworn i pasted the YT link lol. My bad. I just updated it.
No way! That's awesome lol. I literally use my rebel to offroad only
It may have been 2-3 PM PST we were trying to get to Mountain High through long pine rd which proved to be impossible as we got to the little town. My little son jumped from his seat to let me know there was a RAM and a Tacoma and a bunch other people airing down, i said prob up, as everybody is facing long pine road :)

Regarding the sound you think is coming from the front driver ? seems to be louder from that side or maybe camera placement
I'll pass the video in the other forum and see what others think.

When was the last time you greased the UCA bushings?
See if you can place the camera in that area on both sides and use that as your remote sthestocope. Either that or have somebody behind the wheel while doing the same thing you did in the video while you use a long fuel hose with one end pointing to where you think the noise is coming from while the other end goes you your ear. You should be able to quickly pinpoint where that creaking sound is coming from.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Have heard of this problem with similar sized lifts and the UCA is hitting the spring at full lock due to increased angle. Solve is new UCAs designed for the lift height to lessen the UCA angle.

Edit: sorry missed you had new UCA. Rack may be going bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traysea84

Reaction score
2019 ram rebel
King 2.5 coilover at a 2" level
Bds control arm

I almost want to say its a busted cv axle? But it's so weird because it only does it when I turn very hard right (passenger) and when I straighten the wheel back straight it makes the sound as well. It makes no sound what so ever while turning left. It won't make the sound at high speeds or while at a stand still, only while moving less than 5mph or so... I'm pretty sure dealer will void the warranty for what ever it is and blame by after market suspension parts for the cause of what ever is broken/loose.. The con to going offroading I guess :rolleyes:

Did you ever find out what the problem is? I’ve been having a hard time finding out what my front end noise is and it’s driving me nuts. I can’t figure out how to get it to make the mouse being that it doesn’t do it all the time. The dealership has been a nightmare as usual and pretty much told me there’s nothing wrong with it and I’m crazy

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So I know this sounds crazy but my truck made the same sound and it turns out it’s actually the brakes! Haha I forget exaaactly what it was, but I read about how the brake debris guard makes noise or something and I got underneath the truck and sure enough that’s what it was. I noticed it in winter and once it got warmer it ended up just going away all on its own. It *could* be something else, but honestly the audio sounds just like how my truck did so I wouldn’t worry just yet!

Users who are viewing this thread