5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What in God's Name is the Factory Doing

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its also entirely possible its a dealership screw up. While it was on the lot, someone damaged the headlight, so they replaced it... but ordered the wrong one. Then they said "screw it, our customers are to stupid to notice the difference".
It’s not, like I said I’ve seen trucks with multiple types of decals on either side and ones with chrome moldings on one side but not the other. The dealer doesn’t do that.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not, like I said I’ve seen trucks with multiple types of decals on either side and ones with chrome moldings on one side but not the other. The dealer doesn’t do that
I was referring specifically to the headlight picture in this case, but it doesn't matter. There could have been damage caused on the lot or during unloading, and the dealers may still be responsible if some of the panels had to be repainted. The decals could have been removed for the painting, and the dealership decided they didn't want to pay for a whole new set (doubt you can buy just one side) to add them back. Even if you can buy one side, I could see some being super cheap and not doing it. Same with the molding, removed for paintwork/dent repair, and then not put back on. Or they ordered the wrong set, and applied it to one side anyway.

I am not arguing that the factory didn't do some of this, do not get me wrong, I'm just playing devil's advocate and saying I'll trust the factory long before I trust the dealership. I bet some or a lot of these are dealerships fixing (badly) their own screwups.

Last edited:

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember looking at an '89 Chevy pickup, new on the lot. The molding on the driver side had the chevy logo and the 1500, but the passenger side had the GMC logo and 1500. That was a factory job as there wasn't a GMC dealer in the area.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I knew this was the factory’s fault, Quality Control must be a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread