5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What in God's Name is the Factory Doing

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I was just browsing my dealer, the new dealer discounts finally dropped, much better for purchasing, compared to the sucky January Incentives and Rebates alone (waiting for my truck to come in and all); and I come across the cheapest New 2021 Ram 1500 on the lot. Slight problem though, anyone catch it from this image? 😂 Note that this is not my dealer's fault but rather the factory's quality control and inspection teams, "SAD!" lol. Anyways, second vehicle I've seen an issue like this with in person. I saw another 1 two months ago (not this truck) where one side had the Off-Road Package Decal on the bed under the RamBox and the other had the Sport Decal. (It had no Off-Road Package on the window sticker). I guess COVID trucks are a thing (was built 11/24/2020). I expect this when a New Gen of a vehicle comes out for the first few months-model year, but a 2021?! I've seen a video of a Limited I believe, very early production 2019, where it had the bright chrome day-light opening moldings on the windows, but only on 1 side. Mind explaining this Stellantis/Ram Cares? Waiting for the inevitable "dOEs tHaT meAN i GeT a DisCOUnT oN iT?!". Thoughts guys?

Weird Ram Image.png

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember right when the new RAMs where starting to come out, someone on a forum noted that his new truck had chrome window trim on one side and black window trim on the other, lol. Likely a Friday afternoon or Monday morning build.

Luckily on all trucks, the door sticker notes in two areas build dates & times. One section has the Month & Year and another has Day, Month & time of build. Mine was built on a Wednesday, though a little concerned it was around 3:30pm :)

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember right when the new RAMs where starting to come out, someone on a forum noted that his new truck had chrome window trim on one side and black window trim on the other, lol. Likely a Friday afternoon or Monday morning build.

Luckily on all trucks, the door sticker notes in two areas build dates & times. One section has the Month & Year and another has Day, Month & time of build. Mine was built on a Wednesday, though a little concerned it was around 3:30pm :)
Yeah this was a Tuesday truck lol.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crap, I thought that was the best day of the week, Tuesday at 10am I'm thinking would be what I would want based on my own personal productivity at work.

Though Covid build probably has more to do with it.
Yeah I wasn't aware of a 2021 Ram 1500 Two-Face Edition.

AxileAspen

Reaction score
Must have come off the line the same day as this. Why in the world am I getting an email with a picture of a truck configured like this? I hope they didn't actually build one like this and that it's just a software glitch with marketing.

IMG_1945.png

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Am I the only one that saw the discounts of $30k? I missed the headlight issue because I saw the discount first.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Am I the only one that saw the discounts of $30k? I missed the headlight issue because I saw the discount first.
Yeah my dealer has amazing deals, even if the rebates/incentives suck like this month, they give a great dealer discount. Yeah this one is $10k off, and they have a Limited Longhorn and Laramie for over $13k off, and it’s all non-conditional; everyone qualifies so that’s cool. I got $12.5k off my 19 ram 1500 there 1 1/2 years ago.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Its also entirely possible its a dealership screw up. While it was on the lot, someone damaged the headlight, so they replaced it... but ordered the wrong one. Then they said "screw it, our customers are to stupid to notice the difference".

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah my dealer has amazing deals, even if the rebates/incentives suck like this month, they give a great dealer discount. Yeah this one is $10k off, and they have a Limited Longhorn and Laramie for over $13k off, and it’s all non-conditional; everyone qualifies so that’s cool. I got $12.5k off my 19 ram 1500 there 1 1/2 years ago.
Not sure I understand your explanation here. Look at the savings listed under the middle picture. It shows the truck MSRP at $46,615 and then shows a savings of $30,890. The last line shows an Internet price, which isn't nearly as good as the MSRP minus the savings price.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your explanation here. Look at the savings listed under the middle picture. It shows the truck MSRP at $46,615 and then shows a savings of $30,890. The last line shows an Internet price, which isn't nearly as good as the MSRP minus the savings price.
I looked at the pic, it shows $10,890, not $30,890. Not sure what you’re looking at

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not the clearest picture so I had to enlarge it on my computer. Does it say $10,890? It's slightly blurred on my end, so I thought it said $30,890. Oh well, nothing to see here except an old guy that can't see!!!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Its also entirely possible its a dealership screw up. While it was on the lot, someone damaged the headlight, so they replaced it... but ordered the wrong one. Then they said "screw it, our customers are to stupid to notice the difference".
Agree. It most certainly could be this.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just click the link my guy 😂, I placed it there for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread