5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to second row heated seats?

Votas

Reaction score
I finally got my 2022 1500 southwest edition delivered this week and I love it so far. Huge gripe though, and wanted to check here before I throw a fit with Ram and Mark Dodge. I ordered the Laramie Level 2 equipment group and I can swear back in May one of the options in that group was heated second row seats. Mine didn’t come with them. Also had Ram charger, but I went bench seat and knew it wouldn’t come with that, but there is zero mention of not having the second row heated seats. Mixed news online where 2022s level 2 has it, but I went to the Ram site now to rebuild it and it’s not there. Anyone have any experience with that?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know it's a different trim, but my 22 Rebel second row heat is part of the Comfort & Convenience group that includes memory seats, power tailgate and wireless RamCharger.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got my 2022 1500 southwest edition delivered this week and I love it so far. Huge gripe though, and wanted to check here before I throw a fit with Ram and Mark Dodge. I ordered the Laramie Level 2 equipment group and I can swear back in May one of the options in that group was heated second row seats. Mine didn’t come with them. Also had Ram charger, but I went bench seat and knew it wouldn’t come with that, but there is zero mention of not having the second row heated seats. Mixed news online where 2022s level 2 has it, but I went to the Ram site now to rebuild it and it’s not there. Anyone have any experience with that?
Probably a byproduct of the chip shortage and packages getting reshuffled to get trucks out of the factory and to the dealers.

Votas

Reaction score
Probably a byproduct of the chip shortage and packages getting reshuffled to get trucks out of the factory and to the dealers.
I imagine that's the case, but wondering if there's any recourse I can take with them about it...as I could have sworn it was included when I ordered and not there when I received and zero communication from them on it. Hard to say as the order form only says Equipment Level 2...with nothing underneath. But I remember specifically talking to my girls about the fact that they would get heated seats like they had in the previous car. They like that for after snowboarding.
Anyone have a 22 Laramie Level 2 with rear heated seats?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I imagine that's the case, but wondering if there's any recourse I can take with them about it...as I could have sworn it was included when I ordered and not there when I received and zero communication from them on it. Hard to say as the order form only says Equipment Level 2...with nothing underneath. But I remember specifically talking to my girls about the fact that they would get heated seats like they had in the previous car. They like that for after snowboarding.
Anyone have a 22 Laramie Level 2 with rear heated seats?
do you have your original detailed POC?

gbledsoe3

Reaction score
When I first looked at ordering they offered the Laramie Level 2, which included the 2nd row heated and reclining seats. But when I placed the order only the Level II was available which did not include the 2nd row heated seats and no reclining at that. It saved me a whopping $100 bucks.

Votas

Reaction score
When I first looked at ordering they offered the Laramie Level 2, which included the 2nd row heated and reclining seats. But when I placed the order only the Level II was available which did not include the 2nd row heated seats and no reclining at that. It saved me a whopping $100 bucks.
when did you order. i was also bumd to not have the reclining seats.

Twil6

Reaction score
Can you post pics of your interior and exterior. I have one on order myself. Congrats on the truck

Twil6

Reaction score
Mine does not have heated seats on the detailed POC but I only ordered level 1

Gunner115

Reaction score
I also ordered a Laramie level 2 and don't have the heated rear seats. Plan on adding them, hopefully before the cold weather.
Also didn't get the wireless charger but long story short I had the dealer order me the parts and I installed it a couple days ago.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a few threads on the issue of Laramie’s missing the heated reclining rear seats. Supply issues and changes in package inclusions. Just like anything else these days. Pay more for less.

My truck is a Laramie 2, not a Laramie II and it has heated reclining rear seats.

Ordered from Mark Dodge 02/07
VIN: 02/09
B/S: 04/11
W/S: 04/13
Dealer: 05/02
Home: 05/07

tabber02

Reaction score
I also ordered a Laramie level 2 and don't have the heated rear seats. Plan on adding them, hopefully before the cold weather.
Also didn't get the wireless charger but long story short I had the dealer order me the parts and I installed it a couple days ago.
any luck adding heated seats to your second row? really want to do this to my 2022 Laramie too, doing some research on the forum... would love to run into someone that did it.

stax199

Reaction score
Yes sam here had a loaded laramie 2019 had recline & rear heated seats. My new 22 loaded laramie NO heat or recline in rear seats or space under the seats!! Was a shock.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm just checking different posts, and that is ******** that heated rear seats were not there. I had a '20 laramie, with reclining heated rear seats. 23s come with them with level 1 and 2. When I ordered my 23 I printed out my build. If you could prove anything changed after the order I would be seeing a lawyer.

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
My 2023 Laramie Night Edition Level 2 does not have heated reclining seats. The seats no longer "latch" in either the up or down position. My 2020 Laramie Night Edition Level had those things.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, if it’s not on your build sheet, there is really nothing you can do but add it yourself. If it was on your build sheet, then they either owe you heated reclining rear seats or some other form of compensation. There was a period of time that these seats were not included due to supply issues. The Ram website has been known to provide bad information. When I ordered mine, the website stated that the only feature of the Advanced Safety Group was the tailgate ajar lamp. The website also omitted the Technology Group. I spoke with my salesperson at Mark Dodge about this and they ensured me that all features of both were available. They went on to say that the Ram website is littered with bad information.

Users who are viewing this thread