5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Gen Hemi?

66Fuelie

Reaction score
So im new to Ram and Hemi engines, what generation Hemi do our 5th gen trucks come with?
Thanks
Tom

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Appreciate the info guys. I look forward to learning more about this drivetrain. I did my first mod yesterday which was installing a catch can, I drive 4-5K miles/month and curious how much I will see.
Tom

Derlant1983

Reaction score
I have a misimoto can. Think it is about a pint capacity and has never been half full after 5000 mile oil change intervals.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Appreciate the info guys. I look forward to learning more about this drivetrain. I did my first mod yesterday which was installing a catch can, I drive 4-5K miles/month and curious how much I will see.
Tom

It will be a little worse in the winter if you experience any cold temps, but generally speaking, a few ounces or so. My 2014 Ram (traded it in for this one) was the worst I've seen in a while, it was half full or a touch more after 5000-6000 miles. This 2020, and my wife's 2018 Jeep GC with the Hemi, put out far less.

Drewster

Reaction score
Technically it's a Gen 3. Really it's the Eagle Revision (2009+) Should be called Gen 3.5 IMHO.
Totally agreed - when very few of the parts are shared between 09 and 03 (no more EGR, different heads, and on and on) it's a little silly to say they're the same

Users who are viewing this thread