5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What features are must haves on a build? Opinions...

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not as cut and dry as that according to the ramtrucks.com site. The standard tank size depends on trim level and cab size. It does not depend on which engine you get. On a Limited, the standard tank size is 26 gallons regardless. It's a little more involved for a Laramie. If you get a QC you'll get a 26 gallon tank. If you get a CC long bed you'll also get a 26 gallon tank. If you get a CC short bed you'll get a 23 gallon tank no matter which engine you get. There may have been a time that tank size was dependent on engine choice, but that's not what the website shows when you build one out.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not as cut and dry as that according to the ramtrucks.com site. The standard tank size depends on trim level and cab size. It does not depend on which engine you get. On a Limited, the standard tank size is 26 gallons regardless. It's a little more involved for a Laramie. If you get a QC you'll get a 26 gallon tank. If you get a CC long bed you'll also get a 26 gallon tank. If you get a CC short bed you'll get a 23 gallon tank no matter which engine you get. There may have been a time that tank size was dependent on engine choice, but that's not what the website shows when you build one out.

The website builder always has bugs. The 23-gal is not available with the non-eTorque 5.7

4F85FD56-338D-4C26-9E7C-86B0BC8C5523.png

Every20years

Reaction score
OK, so I think I have narrowed it down to three trucks. One is a build, two are locates.

Must have on all of them: 5.7 HEMI (no-ET), 5'7" crew, delmonico red, blind spot/cross path.

Must have list (besides the above): navigation, 26+ gallon tank

Would add if it doesn't have it from factory: wheel well liners ($200), tailgate side step ($250-300, part of BUG if equipped). Would perhaps add spray liner at some point aftermarket (if not equipped with BUG)

Would be nice from factory: BUG, wheel well liners, trailer brake, anti-spin differential

Don't really care: power running boards, 12" screen, HK Sound system (I like the Alpine in current truck and have heard HK is worse)

Quick question: anyone know for sure if 5.7 w/o ET comes with 26 gallon tank standard? I was told it is.

Options:

1. Build a custom Limited. Approx 8 weeks out. This would be a basic Limited with only engine block heater and BUG as options. Comes standard with 26 gallon tank, blind spot/cross path, wheel well liners, 12" with nav, and spray-liner (BUG adds side step and extra tie downs). MSRP $62,985

2. https://www.dearthchryslerdodgejeep...Ram-1500-38e905940a0e0a6b73ea0a5f3f1e9be5.htm

window sticker: https://www.dearthchryslerdodgejeepram.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/ram?vin=1C6SRFJT7MN665116

Built March 13. MSRP $59,225. Would need to add bed side step (and possibly later spray liner) and wheel well liners. Comes with anti-spin. 26 gallon tank (I think). 12" screen with navigation.

3. https://www.hobsoncdjr.com/new-Bedf...LARAMIE+CREW+CAB+4X4+57+BOX-1C6SRFJT5MN612947

window sticker: https://www.hobsoncdjr.com/api/inventory/GetStickers/?sv=MQBDADYAUwBSAEYASgBUADUATQBOADYAMQAyADkANAA3AA==&make=RAM&dealerCode=27203&loc=Vdp

Built December 3. Base price is $800 less than the one above (that is the price increase from December to March - inflation).
MSRP $59,830. Comes with anti-spin, 33 gallon tank, wheel well liners, power running boards. 8.4" with navigation (Laramie Level 2 group with the HK sound system). The lower base price is kind of eaten up by the expensive and overpriced Level 2 package and power running boards.

Pricing:

I am looking at two local dealerships. Dealer 1 is 30 miles away and $47,603 on my trade, and Dealer 2 is 60 miles away and $47,650. The doc fee for Dealer 2 is $79 higher but they also have a lifetime powertrain warranty (just keep receipts of maintenance, doesn't need to be done at the dealership). Both will lock in incentives, but Dealer 2 says they can lock in APR or cash back, not both. Dealer 1 would need some education on the Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection program but sounded open to it.

I have $1,000 PenFed rebate as well.

I can get the Limited build for Invoice - holdback - incentives. Holdback is approx $1848. So this build would be approx $55,867, minus incentives (currently $500 plus 0%), which is only $1,867 worse than Phillip with the lowest pricing in the nation. 21s are expected to have better incentives as the model year closes out I was told. Dealer 1 is invoice - $1500.

Dealer 1 is invoice - $1500 on a locate. Dealer 2 is near invoice on a locate (so that isn't an option for Dealer 2).

Payment:

Limited: Dealer 1: $482 for 72, or $578 for 60; Dealer 2 slightly cheaper at: $477 for 72, $572 for 60

Laramie locate, dealer 1: $426 for 72, $511 for 60

My current payment is $515 for 60 at 1.99%, we've paid about 6 payments so far at $550/mo. My old truck payment (2018 Ferd XLT) was $650/mo.

I am leaning either option 1 or 2. Option 2 is about a 2.5 hour drive for them to go get (if the other dealer will trade), option 3 is about 6 hours.

I'm so confused. What would you do?
My view is 8 weeks is very optimistic for a build. That’s why when I found what I wanted I just bought it. If the price difference is in the thousands (like more than 3k) and it has the must haves, I would go with the lowest price. If it’s only hundreds, buy the one you want.

While payment is a factor, it’s still the total cost since you can get the 0%.

Just don’t contact the dealer who has the truck your dealer wants to trade for or they won’t trade if they think they have someone interested.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The website builder always has bugs. The 23-gal is not available with the non-eTorque 5.7

View attachment 90997
I really wish they would get their act together on the website builder. I mean, how hard can it be LOL. Thanks for correcting what I said, and I won't trust what I see on the website to be definitive anymore.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My view is 8 weeks is very optimistic for a build. That’s why when I found what I wanted I just bought it. If the price difference is in the thousands (like more than 3k) and it has the must haves, I would go with the lowest price. If it’s only hundreds, buy the one you want.

While payment is a factor, it’s still the total cost since you can get the 0%.

Just don’t contact the dealer who has the truck your dealer wants to trade for or they won’t trade if they think they have someone interested.

Yeah, learned that lesson a while ago about contacting the dealer that would need to trade with.

About $3k OTD difference between Limited and Laramie with only a few differences (Limited has wheel liners, spray liner, BUG, I would add liners and bed step and maybe spray liner to Laramie... the Laramie has anti spin and trailer brake that the Limited build currently doesn’t).

I always shop price then look at payment. Leaning Limited right now.

Users who are viewing this thread