5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What exhaust/ muffler

Jimmy5678

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with v8 hemi and was looking into getting a flow master 50 series. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the flow master or if there is a better option. I am looking for something that has good sound but dosent have a drone or becomes annoying.

popcenator

Reaction score
Borla ProXS or Magnaflow 14" mufflers are also good options. I recommend removing the resonators as well to get the best tone. I see a lot of people complain about the sound the resonators give off with a replacement muffler, kind of like an exhaust leak. Here's a good video to show the difference between resonators and no resonators. It's the second video down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ffmdc

Reaction score
Borla ProXS or Magnaflow 14" mufflers are also good options. I recommend removing the resonators as well to get the best tone. I see a lot of people complain about the sound the resonators give off with a replacement muffler, kind of like an exhaust leak. Here's a good video to show the difference between resonators and no resonators. It's the second video down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have the magnaflow on my powerwagon it sounds really good.. a tad bit of drone at low rpms but is still overall worth it. If you went with flowmaster id go with the 40 series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtread4

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with v8 hemi and was looking into getting a flow master 50 series. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the flow master or if there is a better option. I am looking for something that has good sound but dosent have a drone or becomes annoying.

50 series HD or delta flow? I just had the HD welded on a few weeks ago. I love it so far. The wife forgot that I had it done the first time she rode with me and didn’t notice until I brought it up. Sounds great at startup and comes alive when you’re one it, but not noticeable at highway/cruising speeds.

Partime43

Reaction score
I put on a FlowMaster FX muffler love the sound but those resonators got to go any ideas?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I put on a FlowMaster FX muffler love the sound but those resonators got to go any ideas?

Any competent muffler shop can get rid of them for a reasonable price. You have three, the two that are near the tips and one further down the line near the cat.

Be careful however, they do help remove the drone at cruising speed. I'm not sure which one does that the most, I suspect the one near the cat does.

Partime43

Reaction score
Ya I think your right. the paper bag sound at idle is horrible

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ya I think your right. the paper bag sound at idle is horrible

Oh that sound is easy to get rid of. The weep holes on the two back resonators causes that. I believe each one has 4 (2 front & 2 back), total of 8 for both resonators. A muffler shop can fill them, but I have heard of posters on this forum filling them in with JB weld.

You also have one on each tip. They are all used to drain water, so expect them to not last as long if you plug them all up. Maybe leave one on each resonator to help with draining.

Partime43

Reaction score
Oh that sound is easy to get rid of. The weep holes on the two back resonators causes that. I believe each one has 4 (2 front & 2 back), total of 8 for both resonators. A muffler shop can fill them, but I have heard of posters on this forum filling them in with JB weld.

You also have one on each tip. They are all used to drain water, so expect them to not last as long if you plug them all up. Maybe leave one on each resonator to help with draining.
i saw that as well I just ordered a resonator dellete kit from B2 Fab it should help alot i think.

Partime43

Reaction score
Well resonator kit came today and well here she is..

Attachments

• b2 fab 1.jpg
    b2 fab 1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 104
  • b2 fab2.jpg
    b2 fab2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 101
  • b2 fab3.jpg
    b2 fab3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 101
  • b2 fab 4.jpg
    b2 fab 4.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 100

RamSport96

Reaction score
I’m planning on having my mid muffler deleted pretty soon, gives a great sound and from what I’ve heard no drone because the resi’s are still doing there thing.

RamSco

Reaction score
I did the Flowmaster American Thunder cat back. Love it. If you love MDS, however, this system will drive you nuts because it emphasizes the gurgle of MDS. I don’t like MDS so no loss to me since I override it by habit.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I did the Flowmaster FlowFX direct for muffler.

Users who are viewing this thread