5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What emergency tools do you carry?

TampaLaramie

Reaction score
Damn, some of you guys are prepared better than a mobile mechanic.

I simply have a medium sized tool bag with the cheapest socket set I could find, adjustable wrench, screw driver with a few bits in different shapes and sizes, 3000w jumper that won’t die, and some gloves. Floor jack. All of this is only loaded for out of town trips. Otherwise if I’m in town I’ll just call a local wrecker.

I will note that in my area AAA absolutely sucks. All of my friends and family stopped paying for it. Way too many experiences of waiting over 2-3 hours (one time SIX hours) when all the money I spent on the membership can be spent the one time I call, and they arrive in 30-45 mins. Much better value imo.

Oh, I do keep road flares/fusees in one of the floor storage bins. Cars will nearly run you over unless you light a couple fusees, they give you a lane for those.

Users who are viewing this thread