5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What emergency tools do you carry?

mplaramie

Reaction score
Looking to put a small emergency tool kit together and wanted to see what everyone else is doing.

I'm sure everyone has suggestions or favorites......

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a jump box, actual jumper cables, first aid kit, survival kit, fire extinguisher, and a Gerber multi tool. Oh yeah, and recovery strap and shackles.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Hmmm...
Tire plug kit
Air compressor
Flashlight/seatbelt cutter/window breaker combo
12tonne bottle jack
20' kinetic recovery rope
2 soft shackles
2 DRings (of two sizes)
1/2" impact gun
Tool roll with wrenches, 1/2" sockets, adjustable wrench, multi-tool and other various tools
Hook trailer hitch
Buck knife
Hatchet
Lithium jump box
12' booster cables (in case the jump box dies)
First aid kit
Breaker bar and torque wench

Used to carry a lot more stuff when I had RAMBoxes... But had to pare it back to fit under my rear seat and swing case.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Tire plug kit
Air compressor
Flashlight/seatbelt cutter/window breaker combo
12tonne bottle jack
20' kinetic recovery rope
2 soft shackles
2 DRings (of two sizes)
1/2" impact gun
Tool roll with wrenches, 1/2" sockets, adjustable wrench, multi-tool and other various tools
Hook trailer hitch
Buck knife
Hatchet
Lithium jump box
12' booster cables (in case the jump box dies)
First aid kit
Breaker bar and torque wench

Used to carry a lot more stuff when I had RAMBoxes... But had to pare it back to fit under my rear seat and swing case.
Wow! This is very similar to mine. I'm too lazy to type all of it though lol

Dgulia

Reaction score
I drive and travel mostly at nights, I carry
first aid kit
tire plug kit
compressor
hitch receiver
bungees
And during winter carry some extra warm gear and snow scraper/ brush.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
PXL_20210505_184345547.jpg PXL_20210505_185539934.jpg

Purchased these from BuiltRight. They are convenient for most small safety items and easy to access. To many items to list but I carry most of the basic road safety items. Don't forget the toilet paper, ya never know when nature calls.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Wow! This is very similar to mine. I'm too lazy to type all of it though lol
Had to go back and edit a couple times because I forgot things that I had put in the truck. LOL I travel prepared. And it's come in handy a few times. Pulling dumbasses out of mud holes. Helping broken down elderly folks on the highway. Pulling dude out of a ditch because he had been too busy looking at his phone. Etc etc.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
View attachment 173633 View attachment 173634

Purchased these from BuiltRight. They are convenient for most small safety items and easy to access. To many items to list but I carry most of the basic road safety items. Don't forget the toilet paper, ya never know when nature calls.
I have a roll of blue shop towels that would suffice in that type of emergency. :)

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Permanently mounted deep-cycle battery, proper jumper cables and extension cable with Anderson SB 175 connectors.
DIY soft shackles, tow strap and some basic hand tools. What my kit is missing is a kinetic rope, those things are not cheap.
tool stuff.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
because these trucks are so complicated, I just carry my AAA card :)
With that you better also bring a lawn chair, an ice chest with cold drinks, and some snacks too if you go far ;)

In 2023 we had 2 trips when two different vehicles broke down (one was driver error and the other was... due to age of the vehicle). Both times it took more than 5 hours before AAA tow truck arrived.
First trip, due to crossing state line, it took over 12 hours to get the vehicle back to the shop.
Second trip was much better... waited for 5 hours and towed back to the shop in one shot.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Usually I just bring my friend with the 3rd gen Cummins. He's got all sockets, wrenches, cordless impact guns in 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4. He's also has a Pro Eagle jack that we've used a few times, including when our friend broke the front axle on his Jeep (we rigged it so it's the only thing that kept the front end off the ground and had it go on and off the 3 tow trucks)
When he can't come out I have my sockets and wrenches but not as extensive in quantity and variety as my friend's.

I also carry a first aide kit, but I need to customize it to fit my need more. I also have air compressor mounted under the hood, shovel, jumper pack, tow strap, tie downs, my G17/ SW Shield in the truck at all times.

kzielu

Reaction score
Impact with set of lug nut sockets (which makes most frequent roadside issue a breeze, no loosening, just jack up and undo the lugs), torque wrench, Milwaukee battery powered light, some basic metric sized sockets and ratcheting wrenches and jump pack. And issue that needs more than this isn't something I'll be fixing on a side of the road.

(+ knife, flashlight, seat belt cutter / glass breaker but those are obvious).

Already had to change a flat on a side of I-75, having those made it 15 minutes endeavor most of which was lowering the spare using the winch accessed through a whole in the back (I suggest everyone familiarize themselves with it, will make things quicker and less frustrating)

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
😅😅 okay, okay in all seriousness tho... I carry about 10 flares, jumper cables, tow straps, soft shackles, zip ties, glass breaker with seat belt cutter, gerber tool, duck tape, gloves, flashlights, first aid kit (not just bandages lol), tourniquets, water, blankets, fire extinguisher, extra magazines and a couple other things but thats just off the top of me head.

And detail spray 😁

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
😅😅 okay, okay in all seriousness tho... I carry about 10 flares, jumper cables, tow straps, soft shackles, zip ties, glass breaker with seat belt cutter, gerber tool, duck tape, gloves, flashlights, first aid kit (not just bandages lol), tourniquets, water, blankets, fire extinguisher, extra magazines and a couple other things but thats just off the top of me head.

And detail spray 😁
Are the magazines to read while you wait on tow truck? :p

Users who are viewing this thread