5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What else in your garage?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've decided to sell my old Plymouth and buy a more modern GT toy. Right now there are only three requirements, two doors, manual transmission and enough trunk space for a weekend away with the misses...

Just not as many options as there used to be. Kinda looking at early gen2 5.0 Stangs, BRZ/FRS/GT. Would love to have a new WRX in a 2 door, but...
I've been thinking about the Toyobaru twins also. We still have my wife's 2001 Forester S that she bought new and now has 120,000 miles. That thing is a tank. We've thought about selling it and even had it posted once before, but everyone who responded tried to low-ball us. It's been well maintained and still runs great. It's the only manual we have right now.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A Camaro would hit everything but the trunk. My convertible trunk is basically an oversized glove box. It's small.
Yeah, my buddy has an 18 or 19 SS. I really like Camaro, but Mustang just feels more comfortable, etc... I wouldn't rule out a Camaro if the right deal popped up.

I'm trying to avoid convertibles. Would consider a retractable hardtop, but either way, I wouldn't use it much and just more to maintain, and more up front cost.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the Toyobaru twins also. We still have my wife's 2001 Forester S that she bought new and now has 120,000 miles. That thing is a tank. We've thought about selling it and even had it posted once before, but everyone who responded tried to low-ball us. It's been well maintained and still runs great. It's the only manual we have right now.
I looked at the BRZ/FRS when they first came out cause I wanted a cheaper daily driver. They just didn't have the performance I was looking for. Then I lucked into a 1992 Dodge Daytona Iroc with 2.5l T1 and manual transmission. One of the most fun cars I've owned. Not huge fast, but had an upgraded turbo and manual boost controller. Unfortunately it met a too early demise when a tree limb fell on it.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at the BRZ/FRS when they first came out cause I wanted a cheaper daily driver. They just didn't have the performance I was looking for. Then I lucked into a 1992 Dodge Daytona Iroc with 2.5l T1 and manual transmission. One of the most fun cars I've owned. Not huge fast, but had an upgraded turbo and manual boost controller. Unfortunately it met a too early demise when a tree limb fell on it.
I've also been looking for a 1982 Toyota Celica Supra. My sister had a '80 RX-7 as her first car and traded it in on the Supra. She wouldn't let me drive it, but I loved riding in that when I was in high school.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My nephew had a brz for a while. Fun little car, almost go kart like, but yeah the performance was lacking. They really like to be revved and run out though. I helped him put in an aftermarket turbo kit and that really changed things. Thing would really go. But then, wasn't long, boy was married and a kid was on the way, and choices were made ha.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dad just got a 2019 Chrysler 300 (non c) that is pretty darn quick. I told him that if it goes missing one day not to check my garage :D
I had a '15 AWD. Loved that car. It was the interior of my Rebel reminding me of my 300 that really sealed the deal on the Rebel. I think of it as my 4wd, go anywhere, pull the camper 300.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dad just got a 2019 Chrysler 300 (non c) that is pretty darn quick. I told him that if it goes missing one day not to check my garage :D
I had a 2006 300C we Loved that car and with the 5.7 that thing would get on down the road. had the most comfy seats of any car I ever owned and there has been plenty of cars I had in my 67 years!

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I had a 2006 300C we Loved that car and with the 5.7 that thing would get on down the road. had the most comfy seats of any car I ever owned and there has been plenty of cars I had in my 67 years!

What I found a bit funny was the test drive of the car. I went with him (always do since he's not very mechanically inclined) and we test drove a few other cars. All of then had V6s and he said he was going to get one with a V8. I asked him why and he said the V6s were too slow upon acceleration (ok decent point).

The first time he test drove the 300 and he throttled up to merge (didn't even punch it) the joy on his face was something I hadn't seen in a long long time. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a "crappy V6" :D I did the next day though :D and he didn't believe me so we went back and popped the hood. He wanted another test drive so we did, and he said "well chit, this car is waaay faster wth".

Svt40

Reaction score
My garage needs to be bigger.

Besides the Ram I have,

A 1942 Ford GPW.

12963534_1239355286076400_7874126196647947088_n.jpg

A 1991 Honda VFR750F Hurricane Wilma wiped her out but I still have it.
VFR.jpg

A 2001 Honda CBR929RR
1933996_100776266600980_5492377_n.jpg

And a 2009 Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle VRSCF which I am currently selling.
thumbnail_P_20190720_141229.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is. Even a semi-auto runs in the $10K+ range now. Hoosier Hot-Shot M2. Weighs as much as the real thing and passes the 1 foot test even with qualified people. The rest in the jeep are all live.
ah... but regardless i bet that catches a lot of attention!

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What I found a bit funny was the test drive of the car. I went with him (always do since he's not very mechanically inclined) and we test drove a few other cars. All of then had V6s and he said he was going to get one with a V8. I asked him why and he said the V6s were too slow upon acceleration (ok decent point).

The first time he test drove the 300 and he throttled up to merge (didn't even punch it) the joy on his face was something I hadn't seen in a long long time. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a "crappy V6" :D I did the next day though :D and he didn't believe me so we went back and popped the hood. He wanted another test drive so we did, and he said "well chit, this car is waaay faster wth".
We rented a 300 with V-6 out in Vegas several years back and surprised us very much how much power the V-6 300 had. It runs almost as well as the 5.7 300. A great car going out with the other cars Chrysler has for the last year what a shame.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We rented a 300 with V-6 out in Vegas several years back and surprised us very much how much power the V-6 300 had. It runs almost as well as the 5.7 300. A great car going out with the other cars Chrysler has for the last year what a shame.
I agree. The Pentastar 6 is a great little engine. We've got one in my wife's Pacifica. She drives it like she stole it.

Users who are viewing this thread