5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does the update process look like?

reapur

Reaction score
Hello,
Am I expected to turn connect uconnect to my wifi in order to get updates?
Will i get a popup notification that there is an update for me?

I don't see anything useful in the update screen, I've tried connecting to wifi and it spends some time "connecting" then nothing.
it's confusing.

One more thing I forgot to mention before is that the last couple of times I get in the truck, when I switch off the engine, uconnect turns off like normal, them immediately turns back on and goes to the screen where it wants me to connect to my wifi.
I have the accessory time after engine off set to zero, this is also confusing.

Thanks

Last edited:

mdirads

Reaction score
I'm wondering about the same thing. I acquired my 1500 on 9/4, but have not yet received an update, so I would like to know how to get them. However, reading the forum seems like there are issues with updates not working properly and I am a bit leery of doing an update just because. My system is functioning with no issues. So, if it ain't broke.....

Ducky5

Reaction score
When mine updated it said something when I put it in park. I can't recall what it said but it was something about updating. I shut the truck off and went about my day. Got back in it a few hours later and had no screen integration (no radio, no apple carplay, nothing). Drove home, about 20 minutes. Shut the truck off again. Woke up the next morning and everything was fine. Maybe I should've left it running when it did the update but regardless it was pretty automatic.

Sherran

Reaction score
I've had mine since Oct 2019 and haven't done any updates on my uconnect. Hope I'm not missing something lol o_o

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just got an update a few weeks ago. Drove to work, parked and a request to update popped up on the screen. It was finished after about 10 minutes after automatically resetting and booting back up again. Not sure what updated. I don’t see any changes or improvements.

BD34B44C-2430-4C52-967A-01B720DEB1E9.jpeg E611058C-7AC1-41EA-BF1A-1340CBD59C55.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread