5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone do for a living?

Jonwiggle

Reaction score
Design engineer for Case New Holland Industrial. In Fargo, ND we design/manufacture the big machines. Both the Wheel Loaders and the 4WD machines come out of our plant. I work on the Agricultural side.

Working for CNH, I get a discount since it is owned by Fiat Chrysler. First time straying from GM product, only due to my discount. Bought three months ago, and loving this RAM.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My gig is a plant engineer at a large commercial bakery(s). 41 years in Boston, and 5 as of now on the north shore. I figure I have another 5 in me, not because I have to, I like it and the wife doesn't want me home all day. :ROFLMAO:

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Started work life as a Tool/Die maker/Machinist (10yrs) at a tier3 automotive supplier.

Then a hybrid Stamping/machine Engineer (6yrs) at a Toyota tier2 Supplier. Involved some Mitsubishi PLC programming & turn-key installs

And now returned back to initial Tier3 Supplier but in the Eng. Dept as the Tooling Eng. Im responsible for our automotive stamp tool design/mgmt in Detroit, MI & China (12 trips & counting...) & also most recently Toronto, Canada.

Agreed Grape_Ape about tradesman shortage...its just not cool enuff in this tech age. I hope tho eventually itll lead to a huge wage jump...and then a mass exodus back to it

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed @Grape_Ape about tradesman shortage...its just not cool enuff in this tech age. I hope tho eventually itll lead to a huge wage jump...and then a mass exodus back to it

Agreed! I'm already pretty happy w/ my wages but if scarcity makes it go up then I'll gladly take some more $$$!

Sjay

Reaction score
Main job is installing and servicing stair lifts and vertical platform lifts. Been with the same company for 38 years (I'm 58). Went to college for computer science back in the early 80's - wrote and still maintain our main system software (Informix 4gl and Informix SQL - running on a SCO Unix Box)

ChPeter

Reaction score
Field Service Technician (or engineer, depends which paperwork I’m looking at )

10 years on Heavy Duty and Aeroderivative Gas turbines all over the world, then a short period in the office as a manager and now back on the field.

Currently working on natural gas engines (V24, 146000 ccm, ~6000HP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slumlord

Reaction score
Petroleum technician/POS tech. I repair fuel dispensers/fuel monitoring equipment/ submersible turbine motors for fuel stations. I also install and repair their point of sale systems. I've been doing it 20 years now and I do love it sometimes (lol) but there are times it can take over your life due to most of your customers being open 24/7 and they all want service ASAP. My plan is eventually to move into equipment sales and get out of the field.

Users who are viewing this thread