5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you use your AUX lights for

U

User_21361

I'm deep in the hole of looking at aftermarket bumpers. Currently, I'm leaning towards the ADD Stealth fighter (would love recommendations) but I'm getting a bit stuck on the light situation. The bumper doesn't support fog lights in the traditional position. You can add a pod in the light bar slot. Other than fogs, I'm stuck a bit on what people are doing with their expensive light bars. I'm not one to judge another persons purchase, just curious if these are generally bought for trips off road /camping or if people use them on road for anything. I almost never drive at night (2 kids under 5). I would love to know how people get value out of their lights regularly. Thanks!

whonut

Reaction score
I got the Body Armor Ambush model. Bolted up nice, and looks good. Installing and wiring up some amber fogs tomorrow in the outboard spots. Center light bar goes in next weekend.

Attachments

• 07C16065-F69F-4FBA-89F1-6FA45ABB98B9.jpeg
    07C16065-F69F-4FBA-89F1-6FA45ABB98B9.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 83

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use my lights when im out in the mountains at night. But most cases my roads be pitched black with deers. Running around like crack heads :/

I have two different light bars one was only gotten to hide a small flaw. In my after market bumper but my bumper wasnt made for. Rebel i made it fit decently

Attachments

• CF9A9ABE-E678-4DE4-9EC4-48FDE2E0DAEA.jpeg
    CF9A9ABE-E678-4DE4-9EC4-48FDE2E0DAEA.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 89FEEA7F-A6EE-43D0-ACEE-C1DD8EEA3335.jpeg
    89FEEA7F-A6EE-43D0-ACEE-C1DD8EEA3335.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 82

Apeman

Reaction score
I live out in the boonies and there are deer all over. I work 12 hour shifts so half the year I drive to and from work in the dark. I was running rigid or diode dynamics sae fog lights for a while on my last truck. I just bought a 12" sae fog light from diode that I'm going to put in the lower grille. It shines a lot of light out and to the side to light up the ditches plus it has a nice cutoff so I can keep it on and not blind oncoming traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread