5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you use to correct speedo after going with larger tires

rob989_69

Reaction score
I'm still debating between 33x12.5 or 35's on my stock 20" bighorn wheels, but I'm curious what everyone is doing to correct the speedo and shift points if you go with the larger tires. I don't think it's necessary for 33's, but at 35 there's a significant difference.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
plenty of posts/threads already on this ..
you can get a TAZER or any other over-the-counter programmer as needed.

TML4Ever

Reaction score
Diablo pulsar works perfect. Was able to match MPH exactly using Waze. Picked up power and fuel economy at the same time. No brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob989_69

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful posts. Does anyone know, can you use a device like the hypertech speedo calibrator be used in addition to a pedal commander? I assume you can since the calibrator gets used then put away. But I'd like to make sure..

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I didn’t do anything. My mph is an 8.4% increase so I just round up to 10% to stay out of trouble. If the speed limit is 60 mph that’s what I set my cruise to and I know I’m around 65 mph, but not over.

TML4Ever

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful posts. Does anyone know, can you use a device like the hypertech speedo calibrator be used in addition to a pedal commander? I assume you can since the calibrator gets used then put away. But I'd like to make sure..

Diablo pulsar allows you to correct tire size to within 1 mph. I was able to change the tire size on the fly while matching it to my GPS. It also has a pedal commander/pre-programmed tune in it. Picked up two mpg bonus when running 91 Octane in performance mode.
The dealer can’t flash the tire size correctly as they don’t have all tire sizes pre-loaded into their software. 35” is not a choice.

rob989_69

Reaction score
Diablo pulsar allows you to correct tire size to within 1 mph. I was able to change the tire size on the fly while matching it to my GPS. It also has a pedal commander/pre-programmed tune in it. Picked up two mpg bonus when running 91 Octane in performance mode.
The dealer can’t flash the tire size correctly as they don’t have all tire sizes pre-loaded into their software. 35” is not a choice.

How long have you had your Pulsar? I like the concept, but I've read alot of poor reviews that they've been causing issues sending the truck in to limp mode. Also, does it keep the selected tune after shutting the engine off? Or do you have to reselect it? I'd love something that turns MDS off permanently but i'm not sure any but a custom tune do that.

Users who are viewing this thread