5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of this price?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Been trying to get in a Laramie within my budget, the 3 main features I want are the tech features. So the Uconnect system, advanced safety group + the panoramic sunroof.
The other option I'm looking for is the blackout package. All options are out of my price range, so I can get 2 options + blackout and be slightly over.

So I started looking at other options and spotted this thanks to a previous member recommending this dealer in Dallas.

https://www.meadorauto.com/inventory/new-2019-ram-1500-laramie-rwd-4d-crew-cab-1c6rrejg1kn720877

It's a V6, I don't need a V8 and was impressed with the V6 anyways. It has the UConnect + the Panoramic Sunroof. $43,328 + rebates. I qualify for USAA, subprime of $750 and they said I didn't qualify for the $500 Conquest Lease, but according to the fine print..I do. I left it out of calculation though

But off of their quote:

$43328
-$1000
-$750
= $41578 + TTL or roughly $44,500.

Think it's worth it to give up the Advanced safety package, blackout, and V8?

Hell, I'm willing to buy someone a couple 6 packs if they help me find exactly what I want for the price I want to pay. I want to be $46-$48K OTD with Blackout package, v8, Advanced Safety and 12" uConnect minimum.
Willing to drive 300ish or more miles from the San Antonio area ;).

We can make it a fun competition lol. Or I could wait until the truck month.

Deriggs007

Reaction score

RichT

Reaction score
you are going to save a ton on gas with that V6, so convince yourself you can afford all the options you want. pretend you have to pay CA sales tax or something.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
you are going to save a ton on gas with that V6, so convince yourself you can afford all the options you want. pretend you have to pay CA sales tax or something.

I don't get it lol.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
It's getting towards end of the month, anything's possible. I'd be patient at this point, keep searching and wait the dealers out.

What you're seeking is possible in Maryland. A friend who fell in love with the 1500 after seeing mine bought one recently at Heritage. I didn't buy from them b/c they didn't have exactly what I was looking for at the time but their prices are in line with what you're seeking. They're a no BS dealership. If I recall right, they were about 22% off MSRP after all the rebates I qualified for.

If they can, I'd think anyone in Texas can:

https://www.heritagechryslerjeepmar...imore+MD-1dc0a2280a0e0a6b3e6461cc52de388c.htm

Deriggs007

Reaction score
But is that vehicle a good price? I know I can go in negotiating at other dealerships. This place, I cannot. But out of box, it seems a decent deal.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Negotiating sucks. First, I would say find what you want. Then I think that as long as you are getting 12 to 15 percent off MSRP you are pretty much hitting the average that people are getting. I got 22% off MSRP when I bought mine; but the dealer I went to had about forty sitting on the lot. Looking at the link you posted; it looks like they are advertising about 20% off MSRP; so what are you waiting for?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Negotiating sucks. First, I would say find what you want. Then I think that as long as you are getting 12 to 15 percent off MSRP you are pretty much hitting the average that people are getting. I got 22% off MSRP when I bought mine; but the dealer I went to had about forty sitting on the lot. Looking at the link you posted; it looks like they are advertising about 20% off MSRP; so what are you waiting for?

Thanks. The thing I'm looking at is, if I'm paying $45000+ for a vehicle. I want exactly what I want. That truck DOES fit most of what I want, except the advanced safety package. I wish I had all 3 options, but it appears I cannot work a deal that's close enough. That and doing everything through text/phone as I'm willing to drive does not help.

I've tried to contact dealers within 100 miles and I get maybe 1 text message every once and while, no help. The only dealer that's helping me is the one 4-5 hours away. It's just that dealer is a bit of a prick, telling me that I can't find better deals on vehicles (maybe not that one, but.... on other trucks yes I can)

So that truck is the best deal that I have found with a dealer willing to work with me, sort of. He doesn't want to help me anymore unless I "buy the truck" so he's running me around throwing me ball park stuff cause he won't run the real numbers again.

At the end of the day, I'm getting service and getting a good price of the vehicle. But I honestly don't want to give him the commision and I want to find the exact truck that I want if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread