5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you put in your Rambox?

jastevenson

Reaction score
I basically use the vehicle as a day-to-day vehicle for shopping and commuting, and don't use it for true pickup things. So I'm trying to see if the Rambox will be truly useful, or if it's just cool :)

So what kind of stuff do you put in your Rambox?

joshrich

Reaction score
I keep a toolbag, ratchet straps and my ball/bar for towing on one side. The other side I have a tarp, bungees and if it’s baseball season, i keep things I need for coaching in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I basically use the vehicle as a day-to-day vehicle for shopping and commuting, and don't use it for true pickup things. So I'm trying to see if the Rambox will be truly useful, or if it's just cool :)

Everything from gym gear to groceries to restaurant leftovers to tow straps to blankets to a hitch.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Everything from gym gear to groceries to restaurant leftovers to tow straps to blankets to a hitch.

Will a standard paper grocery bag fit upright in the Rambox? How many would you say it could hold? Thanks!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Will a standard paper grocery bag fit upright in the Rambox? How many would you say it could hold? Thanks!
I wouldn’t know; we use our own reusable bags. The RamBoxes are just barely wide enough, and the deeper sections at the ends accommodate their height. 12-packs of soda fit nicely in the middle.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jumper cables, work gloves, a few basic tools, tie down straps, scuba weights, pads/spacers I put between scuba tanks when they’re in the bed.

C.E.Divine

Reaction score
I keep a tool bag with multiple socket and wrench sets, a tire iron and bottle jack, several extension cords, two ball hitches, a pintle hitch, a weight distributing hitch, tire chains, regular chain, some heavy tow straps, weedeater string and extra mower blades, and a couple empty beer cans from around a campfire one night.

I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

SirGeeks

Reaction score
I keep my fishing stuff in them. I made two supports out of some scrap plexiglass I had sitting around. So one side has 3 fishing poles and 2 kayak paddles as well as other misc little stuff in the bottom. The other side has my life jacket, battery and graph for the kayak, anchor, towels, and some other odds and ends. It works really great to have everything there so I just need to throw my kayak in the back and my tacklebox in the cab and everything else is always in the rambox.

This winter I'll probably put emergency stuff in there like jumper cables, small folding shovel, tow strap, maybe some sand, etc.

I keep my hitches, trailer electrical connectors and other towing stuff in the in-floor cubbies in the back seat.

Lize

Reaction score
I'm afraid they have become a bit of a dumping ground for nearly everything, its a good place to find lost tools and spurious spare parts, but its better than it all being chucked in the bed.
Under the back seat is turning into the same arrangement too :rolleyes:

wangstarr03

Reaction score

My truck serves as daily driver and primary family vehicle, as well. I have a non-negotiable list of things every vehicle in our family must have in the event of emergencies (call it the Boy Scout/prepper in me) and keep a lot of that stuff in the Ram boxes: jumper cables, bungee cord, rope, ratchet tie downs, tow strap, hitch balls/hooks, traction tracks, e-tool, etc. I find them spacious enough that all of that only takes up one box. The other box I store the travel bag for my sons stroller; the truck actually has more storage than I have stuff - first time for everything I suppose.

coffeyman76

Reaction score
One side is all related to truck cleaning and such. Rags, towels, fluids, etc. Then I use that one (driver side) to charge things if I need to with the outlet. Other side is work stuff such as vest, hard hat, etc. and plenty of spare room. Adjust either side for tailgating on game day such as food, ice, flags, utensils, etc. Although they aren't the most fit and finished things in the world (warp sometimes, aren't quite aligned like they should be) I would not trade them for anything.

Under the seat in the storage is my "bug out bag", basically everything I need if (or when) stuff hits the fan. Or some other emergency. Trauma kit, clotting mix, ammo, walkies, spare clothing, meds, block calories (food), lifestraw, water pouch, flashlights, zip ties, duct tape, jumper, solar charger, etc etc. etc.

jorian85

Reaction score
Passenger side for dirtier stuff like my tow rope, ratchet straps, trailer hitch and basic tool kit. I keep the driver side clean and mostly empty so I can use it for day to day stuff like groceries, winter clothes, cases of beer... any clutter that would otherwise be on my back seat.

brandon31

Reaction score
Luggage.
I've been looking through the web to find custom luggage that fit.
I've seen videos of sports cars and others with small storage sell custom bags.

Anyone ever see anything?

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I am on my second truck with Ram boxes. Will never buy another without them. I generally keep them empty and then us them for runs to store and such. I keep jumper cables, small tool box and such in the in floor storage boxes under rear floor mats.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Winter: Jump-N-Carry, tow straps/D-rings (+ hitch), windshield scraper, battery tester.
Summer: Nothing

I always keep the driver's side clear for groceries/shopping bags/luggage/dog stuff/etc.
The passenger one gets filled up with anti-winter gear in the winter, and mostly emptied during the summer. I used to carry a portable tire inflator in there as well, but I've since switched to a smaller one that I now carry under the rear seat.

Users who are viewing this thread