5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do with your fob?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's funny money, they're printing them 24/7

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know about that. I read several articles from different sources that said only let your vehicle idle for 30 seconds to 1 min. Then drive it but don't slam on the gas until it's fully warmed up. If u let it sit in your driveway & idle gas can get in the cylinder wall & since it's a solvent it will actually wash the oil away. It's one of the biggest misconceptions. Back in the day when we had carburetors people had to warm them up for them to run right. Now days that does more harm than good. Just like they used to say change your oil every 3 months/3,000 miles but now we know vehicles & oil have come along ways so we can drive 5,000 or 6,000 miles between oil changes.
I average 52K miles per year....and I idle a LOT. For example yesterday I probably idled for close to two hours total due to it being so cold. Been having my oil analyzed at Blackstone for years ... Never once has there been any note or number regarding any sort of oil breakdown. To the contrary, I get notes suggesting I can extend my oil change invterval...and I'm changing it at 10K miles. This includes both diesel and gas engines since 2010.

This is my experience...I'm absolutely not saying those articles are wrong, but maybe cause undo worry for the sake of selling an article.

Topher

Reaction score
This thread is about keyfobs. I know there is a thread about leaving your truck running somewhere because I started it cause I sleep in my truck on lunch. Please be respectful and keep this thread about key fobs

Topher

Reaction score
I hang mine on my belt loop with a small carabiner clip.

Jeep made a little slot between the cup holders for the giant fob to fit into. I wonder why Ram did not.

If my gun jams or something during an emergency like a BLM roadblock, I can quickly grab it and bludgeon rioters with it.
Yeah a designated spot would have been nice for us that wear "skinny jeans" 🤣. I hate getting poked in the pocket while I drive just annoying. I'm glad it's a push button start though my last ram had that weird key fob key that you had to start the car with I hated that thing with a passion.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must be that foreign currency nobody seems to wanna take any more lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What’s that green stuff on your credit cards? Mold with numbers?? 😜
How bout it. It's funny because rarely do I carry cash nowadays anyway. I'm a cash back junky, and I put everything on my credit card, even monthly bills. Then I just pay it off every week on payday. If I can make 50-60 bucks a month for buying stuff I have to buy anyway, why not. I do try to carry a 20 or two with me though, just in case.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't believe I almost missed this thread :ROFLMAO:

In the winter it's usually in my jacket/coat pocket, which I always take off if I'm gonna be on the road for more than 15-20 minutes. Otherwise it goes in the little cubby directly beneath the door handle. That way it jingles when I open the door so I don't forget to grab it.

Users who are viewing this thread