5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what do you all believe happened to this trx

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure I understand what you’re asking. Is it because it’s being sold as a pre-owned vehicle?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It went from Wyoming to Ontario, CA, where it was offered up for sale for the 2nd time. Rocky Mounty is a CDJR dealership, while Brooks Auto center in Ontario seems to keep a lot more pricey trucks on the lot.

Then it went to Auction and 2 days later to San Diego, Kearny Mesa RAM which is a big CDJR dealer.

So essentially a new truck that moved between an CDJR to independent to CDJR. Then the independent dealer put it up for auction and bought by another CDJR dealer. Note that it would be almost 1,000 miles from WY, Ontario CA, and then San Diego, CA. The majority of the 277 miles on the truck was when it was at the independent dealership.

I think based on that, it was never delivered to an actual private owner. Likely it was driven by the owner at the independent dealership for a bit, then sold it at auction after he decided prices were going down and he didn't want to lose money on it. It's a few months old and only has 277 miles, something tells me those miles weren't very kind, likely driven hard by the dealership staff while they had it.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
window sticker $88,255
now they want $104,771

I believe that it was sold and the financing did not go through so it was repossessed and sold at auction

what do you think
I mean carfax says it was never sold, 0 owners.
You really think any dealer is going to get someone drove off the lot with an unpaid car, epically one with 700HP?
Insurance companies alone require proof of ownership, and generally can't leave the lot without it, even if it was a plate swap you need a signed bill of sale including your trade in.

Someone Probbly ordered it, dealer changed price and refused to sell it. Then it changed hands to see who could get more.
I bet all those miles are from the dealerships owner screwing around it in 270 miles is too much on a new truck like that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My guess here. Ordered by the independent dealer through the Wyoming dealer. Probably got s better deal on incentives and pricing. Delivered to Wyoming, transported to Independent dealer in CA. Independent dealer had a HUGE mark up on it thinking they were going to get some sucker to pay the premium for a TRX. Sat for a few months lots of test drives because TRX, then when it didn't sell and prices started going down for put on auction to get it off the lot so they stop losing money in the insurance. Second Ram dealer bought from auction and still has a "market adjustment" on the price since it's technically still a "new" truck and can be sold as such.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
My guess here. Ordered by the independent dealer through the Wyoming dealer. Probably got s better deal on incentives and pricing. Delivered to Wyoming, transported to Independent dealer in CA. Independent dealer had a HUGE mark up on it thinking they were going to get some sucker to pay the premium for a TRX. Sat for a few months lots of test drives because TRX, then when it didn't sell and prices started going down for put on auction to get it off the lot so they stop losing money in the insurance. Second Ram dealer bought from auction and still has a "market adjustment" on the price since it's technically still a "new" truck and can be sold as such.

Pretty much what I think happened as well, those 277 miles of test drives and dealership employees driving around wasn't probably cruising gently down the street.

The dealership that has it now is pretty close to where I live, I may just check it out since it's on my commute. Curious to know it's story, assuming the 3rd dealer has a clue.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two thoughts:
1) Dealers shuffle these things around like armies in a game of Risk. It may not have even been physically present at the places listed. I wouldn't read too much into it.
2) No one with any common sense will pay that much.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Two thoughts:
1) Dealers shuffle these things around like armies in a game of Risk. It may not have even been physically present at the places listed. I wouldn't read too much into it.
There are lots of people with no common sense.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Two thoughts:

That would be the case when they are networked between same owned dealerships, but this truck changed hands between unrelated dealerships over the course of a few months, from a WY CDJR, to an independent store, to auction and finally a CDJR in San Diego. It's unlikely in any of those locations that it wasn't onsite.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Im going to assume these dealerships weren’t able to sell that truck or they were sitting on their lots with no interest for too long so they sold them off to another dealer. Probably just a chain of that taking place

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That would be the case when they are networked between same owned dealerships, but this truck changed hands between unrelated dealerships over the course of a few months, from a WY CDJR, to an independent store, to auction and finally a CDJR in San Diego. It's unlikely in any of those locations that it wasn't onsite.
Dealership don't have to be under same ownership to transfer vehicles. It happens all the time. When we bought my wife's Traverse, we were working with one dealership who was going to get the one we bought, transfered to them. But it was going to take several days for the dealer trade to happen. We did an inventory search at local dealersz and found the dealership where it was currently at. Drive up there the next day and bought from them. That Traverse had been traded to the one we bought it from, out of central Nebraska a couple weeks prior. None of the three dealerships were relatedz other than they were all Chevy dealers.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Dealership don't have to be under same ownership to transfer vehicles. It happens all the time. When we bought my wife's Traverse, we were working with one dealership who was going to get the one we bought, transfered to them. But it was going to take several days for the dealer trade to happen. We did an inventory search at local dealersz and found the dealership where it was currently at. Drive up there the next day and bought from them. That Traverse had been traded to the one we bought it from, out of central Nebraska a couple weeks prior. None of the three dealerships were relatedz other than they were all Chevy dealers.

Sure, I was just talking about being onsite, not just on paper. Going from a CDJR dealer to an Independent 1000 miles away is not going to be on their website just on paper. It will get onsite.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sure, I was just talking about being onsite, not just on paper. Going from a CDJR dealer to an Independent 1000 miles away is not going to be on their website just on paper. It will get onsite.
Oh yeah, definitely was physically transfered

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
someone on the trx forum had their trx stolen from the dealer in costa mesa.

@Eighty
let them know about this one it is still there

Users who are viewing this thread