5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do y'all think of these headlights?

Csantana0912

Reaction score
I search for aftermarket head lights every so often in case something pops up. Ran into these the other day. What do y'all think?

Im kind of skeptical so I wanted some opinions.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are at least a couple members that have them. Here's one thread I found real quick-

Maybe they'll chime in here or you can post in the existing threads.

ljinnc

Reaction score
Are they brighter than the standard Big Horn lights? Mine are dim and I wish it had better lights.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think they look better than the stock reflector housings. But they still use halogen bulbs, so I' skeptical as to whether they work any better than the stock lights.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are brighter than the stock reflector lights because the light is more focused down the road because they are using projector in front of the bulbs.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's good to know. I was just curious...my 2017 Rebel had projector headlights too, but they did not work any better than the reflector headlights my 2015 Tradesman had.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You need to remove the front fascia to replace headlights on the 5th gens? I removed a headlight on my 2017 Rebel, and I just had to remove the grille. Haven't had a need to remove a headlight on my 5th gen, but I'm curious to know what's involved. Maybe I'll search for a video.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to remove the front fascia to replace headlights on the 5th gens? I removed a headlight on my 2017 Rebel, and I just had to remove the grille. Haven't had a need to remove a headlight on my 5th gen, but I'm curious to know what's involved. Maybe I'll search for a video.
This Document was also helpful in removing the grill / fascia.

You will have to open up the wheelhouse splash shields to remove the headlights.

Attachments

• Grille - Removal and Installation (1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 21

jlanc20

Reaction score
If anyone is interested they are running a group buy on alpha rex right now, its a 150 dollar deposit to get you on a list, once the list reaches 20 people alpha rex will send out discount codes...if you want more information contact alpha rex on instagram or facebook!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread