5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do want to see made for the 5th Gen Ram 1500???

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have a skid design partially done that will be able to be purchased in sections or all together. It will have cat protection built in. We may or may not do security fasteners but I think 99.9% of catalytic converter thieves will just move on to an easier target as opposed to removing several bolts and dropping a skid plate to gain access.
cool, do you have a target month for the release

DFWRAM

Reaction score
We have a skid design partially done that will be able to be purchased in sections or all together. It will have cat protection built in. We may or may not do security fasteners but I think 99.9% of catalytic converter thieves will just move on to an easier target as opposed to removing several bolts and dropping a skid plate to gain access.
Awesome! I think these will be a good seller with all the cat thieves out there.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
There is a company that is making upgraded cv axles for the trx. I can't remember the company. But they look beefy as hell.
I knew they would come with time. I’ve seen a ton of CV issues with altered ride heights on the TRX. Also a great item to upgrade on anything you take offroad in my opinion.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome! I think these will be a good seller with all the cat thieves out there.
I agree. They are a little more cumbersome to build, stock and ship which is why they aren’t out yet. Other things have jumped ahead due to desire from customers and logistics on our end.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This sounds like something I would buy

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the subject of theft... I've heard it's very easy to cut the horn wires through the grill and then do what ever is necessary to disable the alarm in silence. Perhaps there is a simple solution to protecting the wires? No idea. I never seem to think about this when I'm with my truck.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
On the subject of theft... I've heard it's very easy to cut the horn wires through the grill and then do what ever is necessary to disable the alarm in silence. Perhaps there is a simple solution to protecting the wires? No idea. I never seem to think about this when I'm with my truck.
If anyone knows where they are cutting the wires I’m sure we could come up with something. If it’s just through the grill that is easy. If it is multiple places different thieves use it gets a little more cumbersome. That is a great idea though. I’ve heard of them doing it on the TRX as well as other hellcat engine vehicles prior to breaking a window and programming a new key.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone knows where they are cutting the wires I’m sure we could come up with something. If it’s just through the grill that is easy. If it is multiple places different thieves use it gets a little more cumbersome. That is a great idea though. I’ve heard of them doing it on the TRX as well as other hellcat engine vehicles prior to breaking a window and programming a new key.
Could just be a horn relocation bracket

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yes, this!! I’d also like to air some extra loud horns - maybe pointing towards the rear so that it sounds odd in both locations or can make the folks jump that might be driving like A-holes behind you. Here’s a link to the video where they are clipping the horn wires. I had also planned to relocate as Husker said but someone told me it’d be easier to build a shield for it.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, this!! I’d also like to air some extra loud horns - maybe pointing towards the rear so that it sounds odd in both locations or can make the folks jump that might be driving like A-holes behind you. Here’s a link to the video where they are clipping the horn wires. I had also planned to relocate as Husker said but someone told me it’d be easier to build a shield for it.

That’s exactly what I wanted to see. I freaking hate thieves.

DCRAM

Reaction score
If you end up moving forward with a debris shield from the front bumper to the cross member and would like to experiment on a Laramie trim with all the air dams removed, I would be happy to volunteer my truck. Have been considering tackling a custom project myself, but would be happy to work it you on it instead considering the quality would be a million times better. ha.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a post where someone showed what the thieves had done to disable the horn.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
If you end up moving forward with a debris shield from the front bumper to the cross member and would like to experiment on a Laramie trim with all the air dams removed, I would be happy to volunteer my truck. Have been considering tackling a custom project myself, but would be happy to work it you on it instead considering the quality would be a million times better. ha.
Sounds great. I’ll let you know

Users who are viewing this thread