5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do want to see made for the 5th Gen Ram 1500???

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I am working hard on getting new parts designed and prototyped. I have a local customer with a Rebel. It would be nice to have other local customers with other trim lines and packages for testing and evaluation. We are in Gilbert AZ. I have a list of items of parts I would like to build for the 5th Gen Ram 1500 but would like input from you all too. I will be releasing these items in the order that makes the most sense for everyone. That includes interest, time involved, cost, shipping ease and cost, availability from other manufacturers etc.

Let us know what you'd like to see that isn't currently offered or maybe is offered but not to your liking.

We tig weld everything and are a high end fabrication shop that specializes in Ram Trucks. Here are some pics of our work:

4A404495-45C4-4958-8FC7-6EC42F9B7BDC (1).JPG 61D8D2E8-78BC-4D14-980F-883F9B1E875E.JPG 987AAB13-423F-42C5-8382-4C235955A61D.JPG 20220227_123058.jpg 20220710_141558.JPG Ditch Light Revision 6.4.jpg 85402C76-1418-48E7-AEEF-ECB0FF6241A6.JPG 4A404495-45C4-4958-8FC7-6EC42F9B7BDC (1).JPG 61D8D2E8-78BC-4D14-980F-883F9B1E875E.JPG 987AAB13-423F-42C5-8382-4C235955A61D.JPG 20220227_123058.jpg 20220710_141558.JPG Ditch Light Revision 6.4.jpg 85402C76-1418-48E7-AEEF-ECB0FF6241A6.JPG

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe a debris shield for that big gap between front bumper and crossmember to protect front of the engine pulleys and such from bounce up road and trail debris.

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score
I would dig some removeable crossbar mounts that could mount to my utilitrack and still allow for my tonneau cover to close - basically, I have a yakima load warrior that I would like to be able to have over the bed and still keep stuff covered under the tonneau cover (3x fold soft top); but I suppose others would like similar for bikes and other things they use crossbars for.

The current offerings either have towers that are way too high or it's a very complicated and expensive setup (looking at you yakima and thule!).

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I would dig some removeable crossbar mounts that could mount to my utilitrack and still allow for my tonneau cover to close - basically, I have a yakima load warrior that I would like to be able to have over the bed and still keep stuff covered under the tonneau cover (3x fold soft top); but I suppose others would like similar for bikes and other things they use crossbars for.

The current offerings either have towers that are way too high or it's a very complicated and expensive setup (looking at you yakima and thule!).
That is a great idea. The hard part is making something universal that works great and works with all or most covers. I have been looking into ways of doing this and other similar things working around bed covers.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Debris shield and rock sliders.
We had rock sliders but I think a body mounted option would be better. The frame mounted ones we made were super solid and each side would hold the weight of the truck with no flex. The issues we had were they were super heavy and hard to ship, hard to install with the 33 gallon tank, and they have a tendency to creak and pop as the frame flexes. Debris shield would be super popular. Trying to find a way to make a debris shield or even a few that will work with multiple trim level trucks. The problem we have run into is different trim lines and different ride heights would require a different shield. I think it can be done though.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rad support to k member is different for trims? Can you attach above lower bumper styles? Heck, spread eagle to the front of the frame rails for the front mount with a stiffening rib on the front may work. Have body mount running boards now, I’m a big guy, OEM sheet metal ain’t getting any thicker.😄 Throw in a dash of road salt…

Watching here and the gram.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We had rock sliders but I think a body mounted option would be better. The frame mounted ones we made were super solid and each side would hold the weight of the truck with no flex. The issues we had were they were super heavy and hard to ship, hard to install with the 33 gallon tank, and they have a tendency to creak and pop as the frame flexes. Debris shield would be super popular. Trying to find a way to make a debris shield or even a few that will work with multiple trim level trucks. The problem we have run into is different trim lines and different ride heights would require a different shield. I think it can be done though.
for different ride heights would some sort of optional spacers do the trick in some cases and make up the difference

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Rad support to k member is different for trims? Can you attach above lower bumper styles? Heck, spread eagle to the front of the frame rails for the front mount with a stiffening rib on the front may work. Have body mount running boards now, I’m a big guy, OEM sheet metal ain’t getting any thicker.😄 Throw in a dash of road salt…

Watching here and the gram.
For what people have asked for in the past the different trims would require different mounts due to different bumpers and accessories behind the bumper. There may be a way to do a different design that would not attach at the bumper but I suspect you'd still be left with a gap doing it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread