5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do I need for home washing care?

Reaction score
I mean for people that have access to a power washer and water this works great. For those that take it to a car wash bay the two bucket method is probably as safe as it gets. Atleast better than using the car wash supplied paint ruining brush!

Everybody has their own method and literally anything else is better than the car wash brush!

BIGDCOBIA

Reaction score
Put a baggie on your hand and feel your paint...if it isn't perfectly smooth you need to get it fixed...….

First get your truck done by a professional detailer who will remove every swirl mark and paint defect from your truck. A good detailer uses LED lights and does a 2ft x 2ft section at a time....This process takes 2-4 days depending on how damaged your paint is. Then do ceramic coating ,(cost roughly $1200 - $1500) I have a 10 year one. Once you have the ceramic coating washing your truck is a 2 step process..... Use the 2 bucket method with 2 wash mitts one for top half and one for bottom half. Do your rims and tires first then starting with roof and work your way down. Make sure not hot or sunny out or you will get water spots. use good microfiber towels to dry and you are done. Looks like right off the factory floor. I refresh my coating every 3 months with their specific refresher. Not sure If I can list products but this is what I use...all from autogeek.net
Cobras Supreme Guzzler towels - 3-4 will do a Crew cab...use microfiber cleaner to clean towels, no scented laundry soap, no dryer sheets, dry low
gtechniq crystal serum ultra - 10 yr ceramic coating
Carpro essence shampoo - unbelievable foamy
Carpro reset - The 3 month maintenance ceramic coating refresher

If your detailer doesn't take 3-4 days to do your ceramic coating he isn't doing it right...I saw a Porsche GT3 come right from the dealer to my buddy with a $250,000 price tag and you wouldn't believe how bad the paint was once it got under the UV light...….and the dealer didn't prep it as he instructed...

It amaze me to watch people go to self car washes and take those plastic brushes and just demolish their paint....ugh....

ONCE YOU GO CERAMIC COAT YOU WILL NEVE GO BACK!!!!!!!

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How often do you guys wash your trucks, is there a point where it's too much and risks messing with the paint? Do you use any tire dressing, or anything for the interior?
I'm a big fan of Griot's products. Definitely want to get some protectant on your dash. Griot's interior cleaner has removed any stain/spill imaginable for me. works great around the house too. Adam's detailing products are great too. You can get most of this stuff at autozone/advanced auto, and of course amazon

bautistasamuel

Reaction score
When you want to do this job at home, you need some essential things like a pressure washer, a car wash soap, a car wash mitt, buckets, microfiber towel, and a wax. At first, you will rinse the surface with a pressure washer. Mix the car wash soap with water in a bucket. Apply it in the car surface with a car wash mitt. Rinse it again, and make it dry with the microfiber towel. If you can see light scratches in the paint, use a scratch remover. Finally, use a good wax to enhance beauty and to protect it. You can use a glass cleaner to clean the glasses. If you want to know the process in detail, check this blog about how to wash car at home.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
When you want to do this job at home, you need some essential things like a pressure washer, a car wash soap, a car wash mitt, buckets, microfiber towel, and a wax. At first, you will rinse the surface with a pressure washer. Mix the car wash soap with water in a bucket. Apply it in the car surface with a car wash mitt. Rinse it again, and make it dry with the microfiber towel. If you can see light scratches in the paint, use a scratch remover. Finally, use a good wax to enhance beauty and to protect it. You can use a glass cleaner to clean the glasses. If you want to know the process in detail, check this blog about how to wash car at home.
Good tips, although a pressure washer is not essential (I own two).
A std water hose works just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread