5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What direction should I go?

Carcrazy72

Reaction score
Its time for me to start making some changes to my 2019 4x4 Big Horn. Im right at 7k miles so feel I have found some of its limitations. To start, tires are on my list to begin with. I do a lot of fishing and hunting on fire service type roads and have to use 4x4 normally once a week roughly while Im out with my stock setup.

What tire size would you all recommend and in addition, what size lift? Id rather for now, just for a cost savings, got with a bit larger, more aggressive tire than do a lift at once as well. The wife would rather me keep it lower than higher! I have the stock 20" chrome wheels currently but will probably swap out to a black set when I do the tires.

Any suggestions would be great.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
295/60s would be a good fit tire wise. Should still give you plenty of clearance all the way around on a stock truck. It's a 34" tire. You could possibly run a 35x11.50 or 285/65 but it will be very close. You could also just level the front of the truck for now to get rid of the rake if you don't tow much. A level plus bigger tires does wonders for these trucks.

cgraydotcom

Reaction score
I put a 275/60R20 on mine. Got rid of the Bridgestones that came on it. Anything bigger than that starts adding dollar bills pretty quickly. Having the Motofab 2 1/2” leveling kit installed next Friday, and a set of 1 1/2” spacers too.

Attachments

• 57BD4322-B6AD-449E-AC3E-716E61A0699D.jpeg
    57BD4322-B6AD-449E-AC3E-716E61A0699D.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 70

bjpatten

Reaction score
295/60s would be a good fit tire wise. Should still give you plenty of clearance all the way around on a stock truck. It's a 34" tire. You could possibly run a 35x11.50 or 285/65 but it will be very close. You could also just level the front of the truck for now to get rid of the rake if you don't tow much. A level plus bigger tires does wonders for these trucks.
How bad does it affect the towing? I kept my rake because everyone around here does the level. I am running the black 20's that came off the black appearance package. Was thinking about leveling it but also thought about lowering it. I tow a RZR once in a while but have been looking at a toy hauler.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How bad does it affect the towing? I kept my rake because everyone around here does the level. I am running the black 20's that came off the black appearance package. Was thinking about leveling it but also thought about lowering it. I tow a RZR once in a while but have been looking at a toy hauler.
Won't change towing at all. If you level and are worried about the back end squatting you can always install some helper bags. Could do that whether you raise the front or drop the rear.

Gatorchad

Reaction score
I put a 275/60R20 on mine. Got rid of the Bridgestones that came on it. Anything bigger than that starts adding dollar bills pretty quickly. Having the Motofab 2 1/2” leveling kit installed next Friday, and a set of 1 1/2” spacers too.

That looks awesome! Is there any road noise?

Users who are viewing this thread