5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was fast. I may have to order some. Got a link?
Did you decide on a wheel and offset? Plan on any trimming/heat gun work? I'm torn between the 285/65/20 or 295/60/20.
285/65 because I don't want a full 35X12.5. These are 34.8X11.5 Falken claims.
Grabbing used set of KMC wheels 20X9 +0 offset.

Falken Wildpeak A/T4W All Terrain LT285/65R20 127/124R E Light Truck Tire https://a.co/d/9XqKHUJ

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was fast. I may have to order some. Got a link?
Did you decide on a wheel and offset? Plan on any trimming/heat gun work? I'm torn between the 285/65/20 or 295/60/20.
BTW I was originally gonna go 35X11.5 AT4W which are D instead of E, but for the price I grabbed these.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on two sets of wheels/tires. @CHeYeNNe71 put me over the edge.... lol 🤣 😂
1. Mamba M27 20x9 0 offset & 285/65/20 AT4W
2. Lock offroad Krawler & 285/65/20 Toyo AT3'S.

Going to sell the stock 22's (1500 miles) and maybe the 4Play 22's (5200 miles) to recover some coin.🤔

Utahtrapper

Reaction score
Truck got some upgrades, am finally getting a chance to post. Been collecting parts over the last few months, had them installed last week Friday.
Fox 2.5 coilovers, 2.0 rears and new wheels, TIS 547B 22x10 -19 offset, mounted on my current Falken RT01’s.
Was happy with my Bilstein 6112/5100 setup, but after test driving a used 22’ Laramie a few months back that had Fox 2.0’s and stock 22’s with Toyo AT3 33x12.5 tires, I was slightly irritated by how different the ride was, AND with less tire than me.

Am running it with my Icon 1.5 rear springs and ReadyLift UCA’s. I had a coupon for $100 off a pair of 2.0’s, and is a major reason why I went with them instead of 2.5’s all around. Had the Fox stuff purchased from and installed by my local 4 Wheel Parts shop, along with a 5 yr. 60k warranty. Also had them install some Eibach spring sleeves to quiet the clanking from the Icon springs. In the end, a well done install.

Wheels are from Audio City. Great price and even greater shipping rate out to me. Helps it coming from one coastal port, also. Was considering the black/milled design but went gloss black instead. I used to hate all black wheels, but after my first set, I was hooked. Really am happy how they look.

On tape, I retained my rear height and lost about an inch up front with the swap. Had a 1/2 inch of rake, now am about 1.5 inches of rake, but I just can't see it. Truck still looks like almost level.
I know I am different up front for sure because they had to remove the front mud flaps. I still rub the inner corner of the trim piece, and will need to cut that portion also.
Not sure how much of that is from the wheel offset or the height change. Considering adding a bit more preload, but trying not to degrade the upgraded ride. I take it back to them in 10 days for a checkup, will make my decision by then.

With the new offset, it made sense to remove my spacers. The -19 gave it a bit more poke, and I want to still be able to pass the yearly state inspections as is. Unfortunately, no mud flap means more carnage down the rocker panel...oh well. Truck also needs a wash...badly.

I have it set at factory ride for the DSC adjustment. My daily drive is much different, in a good way. Will play with it over the next few days, but so far, so good. Lots of good information on dialing them in on this forum...thank you, guys!

A pretty different ride compared to prior. Truck feels more planted, but there is just a tad bit more body roll than with the previous setup. My on ramp is a loop and the difference was felt immediately. But the regular potholes and road whoops that I experience daily were soaked up more than the Bilsteins. I loved the firmness of that ride, but sometimes a little too firm. With the road condition on my daily drive, I prefer a little more comfort over firmness at this point. Havent taken them off road yet, hope to in a couple of weeks when I go on leave. Norhing crazy, mostly beach/sand, dirt and reef edges. Most trails here fit Tacos, not full size trucks.
May end up upgrading to 2.5's in the rear if and when I go full kit. For now, am liking the change to Fox shocks.
View attachment 181264 View attachment 181265 View attachment 181266 View attachment 181268 View attachment 181270 View attachment 181271 View attachment 181272 View attachment 181273
Nice lookin Truck Like your taste. New Truck 1.jpg NT4.jpg t5.jpeg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually last weekend. But wanted to drive with it for a week before posting.
Afe pro s dry drop in filter.
Noticed a small gain of sound at iddle, but can't tell any sound difference under acceleration.
Drove it to vegas and computer was reading .5 better mpg than my last trip.
I wasn't really expecting much of anything but i was due for a new filter and wanted to tried this out. Plus its washable.
One thing is that is doesn't fit as snug as the oem. Would that be a concern. Like an 1/8 or less of play at the top/bottom

Attachments

• 20240406_132552.jpg
    20240406_132552.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240406_132714.jpg
    20240406_132714.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 11

Egret

Reaction score
I bought a set of Rhino RB20 Bedliner Coated Running Boards, and I installed them yesterday. I debated with myself about getting the uncoated version to save a few dollars, but in the end I thought the coated ones would offer better grip and would be worth it - which I think it was.

Installation was super simple. Each running board is supported by three brackets. The brackets are stout and well gusseted. Each bracket is the exact same part, so there's no need to match a specific bracket to a specific location. The running boards and their installation are well designed. There's plenty of access to get to all the fasteners - both at the rocker panel-to-bracket, and bracket-to-running board interfaces.

I've got one minor complaint. The underside of one of the running boards was scratched in a couple places down to the bare metal. It's very minor, but I'll need to get some touch-up paint on it to prevent corrosion. It isn't a big deal, but just an extra step to go find some touch-up paint and find a few minutes to do.

These are the full width RB20s - there's also an RB20 slim version that are more narrow - but I wanted the standard width to give a good platform to step on. I'm also hopeful they can reduce parking lot door dings, because they extend out enough that the door of the other vehicle would hopefully hit the running board before making contact with my door.

The running boards look great, and feel solid. I think they look awesome, and I'd recommend them if you're looking for fixed running boards.

IMG_0749.jpg IMG_0761.jpg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Attempted to use AflaOBD to change fuel capacity for 33 gallon tank swap.. even ran out of town without adjusting it, just to discover my old droid tablet took a dump. Went and bought a cheap prepaid Cricket phone from walmart ($35) since apparently Jscan requires OBD Link MX+ and not compatible with the MX I have and was a much cheaper option. Even according to Alfa I have a 26g tank stock which surprised the hell out of me since my sticker never listed it. Weird but does make sense with what I gathered when I swapped pumps and took note of old p/n that maybe I didn’t have a 23g tank after all. Config successsful. 372 range miles atm with the little city driving Ive had to do but look forward to w/e the increase will once I hit the interstate again. Would of saved me a few bux but overall swapped to a 15k mileage pump from my stock almost 50k pump and still have a spare 25kish 26g pump as well sitting on the shelf.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Epoxied up infamous broken sun visor

20240419_180554.jpg

I don't need it to rotate, just flip up and down.

Called a local dealer for a new one, $81 online and he had it in-stock but I'd have to wait til tuesday. If I came in to pick it up today, it was $182.
Me: So you have it in stock but its $182 to pickup today but If I order it online its $81 but I have to wait til next week?
Parts Dept: Yessir
Me: Click. $7 epoxy, you're up.

If this doesn't work, its already broken so no loss, I'll order a new one next week

Users who are viewing this thread