5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did I break?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Active air dam. Disconnect it and remove it. Put a plastic bag around the connector and tie it up so it's not hanging down. No issues without it

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yup. Take it out. If you have a check engine light after, have a parts store clear it and you’ll be good

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m assuming this happened while driving, was this from hitting something?

I’ve always wondered how that deployable air dam would handle getting hit by something on the highway.

slam425

Reaction score
I’m assuming this happened while driving, was this from hitting something?

I’ve always wondered how that deployable air dam would handle getting hit by something on the highway.
Yes sorry I missed your reply/question i was driving over the Tappan Zee bridge doing about 70 was a crushed highway cone in the traffic lane ( no construction areas around) couldn't avoid it other vehicles next to me. Was lucky there wasn't more damage I guess.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes sorry I missed your reply/question i was driving over the Tappan Zee bridge doing about 70 was a crushed highway cone in the traffic lane ( no construction areas around) couldn't avoid it other vehicles next to me. Was lucky there wasn't more damage I guess.
Yep that would do it!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ripped my AAD off hitting a racoon at 60 mph. Unbolted the rest and trashed it the next day. One less thing to worry about. Figure it will happen many more times in the future anyway.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ripped my AAD off hitting a racoon at 60 mph. Unbolted the rest and trashed it the next day. One less thing to worry about. Figure it will happen many more times in the future anyway.
Yeah that’s an unfortunate inevitability with how low that AAD sits. I wonder how much impact testing Ram did on it 🤷🏻‍♂️

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would bet about as much as this video in the wind tunnel

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/