5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Dash Mounts have you used?

Richard13

Reaction score
I'm wanting to install an RV rear observation monitor on my dash. I have the 8.4" screen in the truck. I've found the Tackform TR21 mount, the Bulletpoint system and Kaishengyuan mount (on Amazon).
The Kaishengyuan seems to be designed specifically for the RAM 5th Gen but unfortunately is a phone mount not a monitor or tablet mount.
The Tackform looks great but I can't tell from the mounting bracket if it would fit my dash.
The Bulletpoint systems look like they would fit perfectly but the tablet mount is only .75" deep whereas I would need it to accommodate a 1" thick device.

Does anyone have experience with these mounts or other ideas? Any input appreciated!

Richard13

Reaction score
So, I ordered the Tackform TR21 Slim Track Dash Mount and the Slim Track Base Mount/Furion/Garmin Adapter kit (SB45-GAR). It fits perfectly into the dash.
Pros: fit and finish are excellent with several mounting options and room to add on.
A slight con: I had to modify the factory dash screws by grinding the shoulder washer down a bit so they would fit in the mount feet. Wasn't a big deal.
Fantastic customer support. I contacted Tackform and spoke to the owner. Great people and we chatted quite a bit. The owner did caution me to be sure to use the 3M tape that comes supplied. Folks put a lot of stuff (backup camera monitors, phones, tablets, tire pressure monitors) on them and can get quite heavy. He did say they were changing a design feature that would make the reinstallation of the factory screws a little easier. I didn't find it difficult, a torx T20 screwdriver for the factory screws would be ideal. I compromised with a 1/4" drive T20 long bit and long extension. When I got the box it had "not for 8.4" screen printed on it. It did fit though just as advertised!
I'll definitely be ordering from them again if I need to expand.

20240509_174910.jpg

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, I ordered the Tackform TR21 Slim Track Dash Mount and the Slim Track Base Mount/Furion/Garmin Adapter kit (SB45-GAR). It fits perfectly into the dash.
Pros: fit and finish are excellent with several mounting options and room to add on.
A slight con: I had to modify the factory dash screws by grinding the shoulder washer down a bit so they would fit in the mount feet. Wasn't a big deal.
Fantastic customer support. I contacted Tackform and spoke to the owner. Great people and we chatted quite a bit. The owner did caution me to be sure to use the 3M tape that comes supplied. Folks put a lot of stuff (backup camera monitors, phones, tablets, tire pressure monitors) on them and can get quite heavy. He did say they were changing a design feature that would make the reinstallation of the factory screws a little easier. I didn't find it difficult, a torx T20 screwdriver for the factory screws would be ideal. I compromised with a 1/4" drive T20 long bit and long extension. When I got the box it had "not for 8.4" screen printed on it. It did fit though just as advertised!
I'll definitely be ordering from them again if I need to expand.

View attachment 182908
Looks good.
edit:
Ram mount for Ram..jpg
DIY mounting plate with RAM mounts,
had to dig up a picture.

Last edited:

Ratchet

Reaction score
Been using a BulletPoint mount with tablet mount for my RV observation system for several years now. Very similiar to the one pictured above except the mounting base is much lower profile. Looks almost identical to ProClip (thanks for sharing that btw). Tons of different attatchments. No problems. I'll get you some photos when I go out to the truck in a few hrs. I'll update this post to include them.

Attachments

• IMG_8203.JPEG
    IMG_8203.JPEG
    108.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8204.JPEG
    IMG_8204.JPEG
    105 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8205.JPEG
    IMG_8205.JPEG
    143.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8206.JPEG
    IMG_8206.JPEG
    122.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure if something like this would work for anyone

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
67Design: RamRail™ for Ram Truck Base (2019+)
100% Made in USA. Their arms and mounting solutions are also 100% made in USA. They are the only company that has arms and bases 100% made in USA.
They are the only choice for arms and bases and device holders that I recommend. Because 100% made in USA.

ICS Fab: 2019+ Ram Dash Mount 8.4" screen
They have options for both 12" and 8.4" screens.

Richard13

Reaction score
I'm not sure if something like this would work for anyone

Cheyenne71 - I considered a pillar mount but felt like it might obscure my view too much. My camera monitor is 7.5" diagonal and would sit higher than I would like, it also needs power from the 12v port. Thanks for sharing!

Richard13

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread