5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What avg MPG do you get?

Kevinch

Reaction score
That's pretty darn impressive!
I drive fairly gently off the highway - slowly accelerate, back off the gas as soon as I see something happening up ahead that will require me to slow down, don't tailgate, etc. On the highway, I roll fast but try to not have to hit my brakes unless I am exiting. (That can be tough to do in heavy traffic.) I figure anytime I use my brakes I'm wasting gas!

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drive fairly gently off the highway - slowly accelerate, back off the gas as soon as I see something happening up ahead that will require me to slow down, don't tailgate, etc. On the highway, I roll fast but try to not have to hit my brakes unless I am exiting. (That can be tough to do in heavy traffic.) I figure anytime I use my brakes I'm wasting gas!
I say ditch the brakes altogether, the weight savings means even more gas saved!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man I don't know how you guys are getting this good mileage. I am averaging 13.7 with the 5.7 Hemi and Borla S-Type exhaust. I don't drive like an old lady but not WOT either. Granted most of my miles are city driving but still seems kind of low to me.

And to be clear I didn't buy the truck for gas mileage and am very happy with it.
My numbers are the same averaging 13.7 mpg - 5.7 Hemi w/ magnaflow catback exhaust & AFE stage 2 CAI. I have 46K miles on my truck and I don't think I've ever seen my mpg go above 16 when driving highway.

Tomcat68

Reaction score
Highest I topped out at. 22.9
a208105cc9c4ee7d9e8029a832825966.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

KevinSWPA

Reaction score
Almost at 1000 miles on my trip, this is my normal commute back and forth to work, part highway part city.
I just hit 18mpg average! What?
(I'm more than a little excited since my last vehicle got about 10mpg, 14 with a tailwind, and had zero cargo room or space for passengers)
Did I mention 18mpg?
89 octane Mobile fuel.
I got almost 6000 and I'm in between 18-19 on 89 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread