5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you using to clean/shine your wheels?

cervelo15

Reaction score
Use griots garage matte tire gel for the tires and chemical guys matte detailer for the wheels….have night edition matte wheels

german88

Reaction score
Been using Meguires D140 Wheel Brightener for a few years on all my cars. Mixes 4:1. Cuts through brake dust in seconds and rinses off clean. IMG_3359.JPG

rotts4u

Reaction score
I am very simple when it comes to cleaning wheels. I use a few ounces of DAWN soap in a spray bottle with water. Its cheap and works great on wheels and tires. I do ceramic coat all my wheels which helps make them super slick too. CarPro or Artdeshine coatings mostly.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been using Adam's wheel cleaner and then the tire and rubber cleaner for tires and fender wells. Dress the tires with VRP and spray on some GYEON wet coat. Love the results and makes everything very easy to maintain.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I drive the truck to a car wash now and then, besides that not a thing
giphy.gif

Cajun_

Reaction score
Whatever from gyeon or Adams I have laying around. I've been wanting to try the new stuff from turtle wax that I saw on pan.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever from gyeon or Adams I have laying around. I've been wanting to try the new stuff from turtle wax that I saw on pan.
The Q2M stuff? Been wanting to try that, but Adam's has been working great for me and I have a gallon of each lol.

Reverse

Reaction score
I had this sitting on a shelf, used it to clean my bike. Tried it on the rims, and it works great:

Cajun_

Reaction score
The Q2M stuff? Been wanting to try that, but Adam's has been working great for me and I have a gallon of each lol.
yeah. i honestly cant tell the difference between the two I just buy whatever is on sale at the time.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeah. i honestly cant tell the difference between the two I just buy whatever is on sale at the time.
Same. I think I got the Adam's gallon jugs for something like 30% off.

Islander

Reaction score
I have the Night Edition matte wheels. For cleaning I use Adam's Wheel & Tire Cleaner diluted 1:1, agitate the rims with a soft bristle brush and wheel woolley stick to get inside the rims and For tires I scrub with s stiff bristle brush....then rinse off tire and rim.

Every 4 months I use 303 Graphene Spray Coating on rims which makes them look great and easy to clean. For tires I use Adam's Tire Shine for a wet look.

Kinalyx

Reaction score
I still like Brown Royal on wheels and tires, works great, doesnt break the bank. My all time favorite tire cleaner is Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner. That stuff works better than anything else ive ever seen on browning(tire bloom).

And honestly, as for protection, any solid spray wax, sio2, ceramic(spray or glass bottle) works just fine, especially if you can just add a spritz of it after each cleaning before drying.

Shawn

sessman

Reaction score
Yes, mine are gloss black.
Got it, I made the mistake of taking a clay bar to one of my matte rims to buff out a scratch. The scratch didn't come out and I removed the matte finish and it turned glossy in that area. I had it fixed by the same guy that fixed my curb rash. Lesson learned!

cervelo15

Reaction score
Got it, I made the mistake of taking a clay bar to one of my matte rims to buff out a scratch. The scratch didn't come out and I removed the matte finish and it turned glossy in that area. I had it fixed by the same guy that fixed my curb rash. Lesson learned!
😲😲

Users who are viewing this thread