5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are we "supposed" to get with Connected Services?

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
I have a 22MY Ram, with the 12" screen... Like many of you, I still cannot get the weather to show like it should. I will show the map eventually, but will pop up the message that an error has occurred and to try again later. I was hoping this last update that I received today would cure it, but it didn't.

I was also fooling around with some of the other apps, specifically "eco-Coaching", and its telling me that it is not activated. So this brings me to my original question.... What services are included under the "Connected Services" umbrella? I am able to to start and monitor the truck remotely from my RAM Truck app on my cell phone. I can call and connect to the U-Connect call center from the truck, I assume that the SOS feature works as well. But don't really know what I should be expecting or what I am missing.

We also have a 2019 Jeep GC with the U-Connect system and it will show gas prices, weather, I can place orders for food through the system, and monitors traffic among other things... I was thinking that this fancy machine should be able to accomplish at least some of these items as well... Please help course correct my expectations! :sneaky:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think you’ve answered your own question – the only thing you get is a lighter wallet.

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
So...am I supposed to be getting the same services with my U-Connect 5 system that my wife gets with her Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Spaur97

Reaction score
I have a 22MY Ram, with the 12" screen... Like many of you, I still cannot get the weather to show like it should. I will show the map eventually, but will pop up the message that an error has occurred and to try again later. I was hoping this last update that I received today would cure it, but it didn't.

I was also fooling around with some of the other apps, specifically "eco-Coaching", and its telling me that it is not activated. So this brings me to my original question.... What services are included under the "Connected Services" umbrella? I am able to to start and monitor the truck remotely from my RAM Truck app on my cell phone. I can call and connect to the U-Connect call center from the truck, I assume that the SOS feature works as well. But don't really know what I should be expecting or what I am missing.

We also have a 2019 Jeep GC with the U-Connect system and it will show gas prices, weather, I can place orders for food through the system, and monitors traffic among other things... I was thinking that this fancy machine should be able to accomplish at least some of these items as well... Please help course correct my expectations
I was having the same issues. I contacted Ram Connect. They tried to tell me I needed to be hooked up to the built in wifi. after activating the wifi, it still wasn't working. So I tried a factory reset. Once it went through the factory reset, i noticed the weather map was working along with the TomTom travel and traffic information was working. Just a suggestion.

n8zcc

Reaction score
I'll give a factory reset a try and see what happens... Thanks for the suggestion.
I have a 2 week old 2022 with the 12-inch Uconnect 5 system. I'm not getting traffic, weather, or fuel prices. How do you factory reset the Uconnect 5 12-inch?

Redfour5

Reaction score
Will not be getting a 12 inch on anything I am looking at.

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
SUCCESS!! I took Spaur97's advice and performed a "Factory Reset".... The weather updates are now showing up on the screen. Also, I think I have the TomTom travel related options now working as well. Won't know for sure until I take the truck out for a spin, but there are options on the Nav set up screens that I haven't seen before... Things like traffic flow and what type of gas price I want to see (reg, mid, or high grade)...

I have a 2 week old 2022 with the 12-inch Uconnect 5 system. I'm not getting traffic, weather, or fuel prices. How do you factory reset the Uconnect 5 12-inch?
To perform the Factory Reset, just navigate to the Profile set-up screen and scroll all the way to the bottom, and there should be a "Reset" button. Press that, and it will give you a few options of how much of a reset you want to perform. If you do perform the Factory reset, it will wipe out all the settings you have programed in, like radio station presets, connected phones, etc...

n8zcc

Reaction score
Thank you @DuaneMiller I saw that reset icon but I wasn't ready to go there yet. Lot to take in all at once with all the tech in the Longhorn.

I have to laugh, this some stuff works, other stuff doesn't, and yet other stuff comes and goes reminds me of the Uconnect system that came in my 2013 Laramie. 9 model years later and same **** different day. Have they learned nothing.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Thank you @DuaneMiller I saw that reset icon but I wasn't ready to go there yet. Lot to take in all at once with all the tech in the Longhorn.

I have to laugh, this some stuff works, other stuff doesn't, and yet other stuff comes and goes reminds me of the Uconnect system that came in my 2013 Laramie. 9 model years later and same **** different day. Have they learned nothing.
Yeah, the 8.4's work pretty good now. I have em in three vehicles...

Users who are viewing this thread