5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Are These?

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Rubber blocks that interfere with the tailgate cable. The cable hangs up on them when you open it, and won't go down all the way until you get the cable out of the way. Same in reverse when closing. Cheap plastic fastener that the block spins around on, and would fail in a week. I removed them, tailgate works much better now.

Before I throw them away, are they just something for manufacturing or shipping, or do they serve a purpose?

IMG_7717.jpeg IMG_7718.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7717.jpeg
    IMG_7717.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 25

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Nevermind, I figured it out. Did a Google Image Search, mine weren't installed correctly, and were spinning on the fastener. I reinstalled them correctly, all good now... 🙄

91QahoXxzEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
Nevermind, I figured it out. Did a Google Image Search, mine weren't installed correctly, and were spinning on the fastener. I reinstalled them correctly, all good now... 🙄

View attachment 117347
Did you get the overtime rate for working in Sunday?? I'll be checking mine tomorrow. Keep enjoying and discovering.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I be a serty-fyed Ram Technamagiction now!

My truck was built 12/31/21 3rd shift. They must have slapped those blocks on right before they popped the champagne.

Or right after…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread