5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are these white lines on LImited doorframe?

LouCap

Reaction score
Noticed these white lines inside the door frames on my truck. Haven't tried to wipe them off yet, because I'm curious why they're there. Look like something done at the factory during an inspection, but maybe someone knows for sure?

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Typically any bolts or nuts torqued by hand(unable to use electronic means of tracking) will be marked with a paint marker. That's from my experience in a plant building large diesel engines.
It also could just be a mark saying that an inspector checked it and it's good to go.
Also possible the marks aren't put on the latch until it's been adjusted and is aligned correctly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

FlyMike

Reaction score
I assumed they were inspection marks when I found them on mine. They easily wipe off.

LouCap

Reaction score
Typically any bolts or nuts torqued by hand(unable to use electronic means of tracking) will be marked with a paint marker. That's from my experience in a plant building large diesel engines.
It also could just be a mark saying that an inspector checked it and it's good to go.
Also possible the marks aren't put on the latch until it's been adjusted and is aligned correctly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This is what I suspected to be the case. I've seen these marks by bolts before, but usually in the engine compartment or on the frame. I guess if they were inspected that's a good thing!

Thanks for the response!

LouCap

Reaction score
I assumed they were inspection marks when I found them on mine. They easily wipe off.

Yup, I had a feeling that's what they were, but I thought I'd ask the group since there are so many here far wiser than me.

Ram92131

Reaction score
Noticed these white lines inside the door frames on my truck. Haven't tried to wipe them off yet, because I'm curious why they're there. Look like something done at the factory during an inspection, but maybe someone knows for sure?

View attachment 33392

View attachment 33393

View attachment 33394
Separate topic: your indigo/frost interior looks very blue in these pics. When I show my truck to others, most people don't even notice the indigo... they assume it's black. Against your black paint the color difference is obvious.

LouCap

Reaction score
Separate topic: your indigo/frost interior looks very blue in these pics. When I show my truck to others, most people don't even notice the indigo... they assume it's black. Against your black paint the color difference is obvious.

Interesting observation. I've never really noticed that before, to me, it's always looked more black. Maybe it's because I can't see the bottom of the doors when sitting in the truck, just the leather at the top.

It could also be due to a bad white balance of the camera. I'll try to do a manual white balance later using a white card, and see if that makes a difference. I might even use a DSLR...we'll see.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had the same but mine were all blue grease pencil marks.

airgas1998

Reaction score
I thought the same thing..."man that's bluish".

LouCap

Reaction score
I thought the same thing..."man that's bluish".
Here are a few more pics of the interior. To the naked eye it doesn't look all that blue. I think these pics are a better representation of the colors.
af4983e645b7b1738a92fe9844f0e086.jpg
6d66f52e9002c532a19701bb3919fab0.jpg
4800d2a387648efb2fc216969c0264d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread