5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are differences in the 2wd and 4wd suspension?

CusackT

Reaction score
Alright so I am getting a 2wd big horn and would like to know the difference in the kits for them? I like a lean look of some type but would want to level out my 2wd and be about .5 inches higher in the front could someone help me? Or walk me in the right direction.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright so I am getting a 2wd big horn and would like to know the difference in the kits for them? I like a lean look of some type but would want to level out my 2wd and be about .5 inches higher in the front could someone help me? Or walk me in the right direction.
If all you’re doing is a level, there is no difference as the strut assembly is the same. You can use anything that is sold as a 5th gen spacer, or a 4th gen 4wd spacer. If you want a 4” lift you can either go the Readylift/RC 3.5 kit or better off would be the CST spindle lift for 2wd trucks. If you want a 6” kit there is nothing out for 2wd at the moment.

CusackT

Reaction score
If all you’re doing is a level, there is no difference as the strut assembly is the same. You can use anything that is sold as a 5th gen spacer, or a 4th gen 4wd spacer. If you want a 4” lift you can either go the Readylift/RC 3.5 kit or better off would be the CST spindle lift for 2wd trucks. If you want a 6” kit there is nothing out for 2wd at the moment.

As thr ready lift 3.5 and the 4 inch spindle which onen better and keep stock ride quality also it says its reccomended that i get the brake lines for spindles do i need to?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
reccomended that i get the brake lines for spindles, do i need to?

may not "need" to, but one would surmise the stock height vs lifted height might need a little extra travel lenght to the lines.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As thr ready lift 3.5 and the 4 inch spindle which onen better and keep stock ride quality also it says its reccomended that i get the brake lines for spindles do i need to?
The 4” spindle lift by CST is THE best option for 2wd trucks. It keeps the suspension geometry stock as the lift is obtained via the spindles only. It will be very close to factory ride quality. The kit from CST should come with extensions for the brake lines. The 3.5” kits use a combination of spacers and the ride quality will suffer and be more stiff.

sergetexan

Reaction score
I too have a 2wd that needs leveling. Not a fan of spacers. I am waiting for Bilstein struts which I understand may be out later this year or I may go a with the 2” Mopar lift now that they have the adjustment to bring the front up higher. While lowering the rear is the simplest option to level I am wanting some additional ground clearance and option for taller tires which I can achieve both with with A 2” level or the Mopar lift.

coachlx

Reaction score
I installed the 3.5' readylift and 35s about 5 months ago for my 2wd Laramie, had about 5k miles on them, and I would say the ride quality is pretty close to stock. WechatIMG22.jpeg WechatIMG23.jpeg

sergetexan

Reaction score
Coachlx - thanks for pic, looks great. Another option to consider....

Hawaii's Finest

Reaction score
Can someone with a 2wd Motofab 2.5inch level comment on ride quality after a few months on the road? Do we really need to change to aftermarket uca’s?

Ness2021

Reaction score

Ive been trying to figure out why all these spacer lifts say 4wd only as it looks like it will go on a 2wd with no problem. You're positive there's no difference?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive been trying to figure out why all these spacer lifts say 4wd only as it looks like it will go on a 2wd with no problem. You're positive there's no difference?
Yeah. Strut/spring setup is the exact same so spacers work with all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/