5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What am I doing wrong????

GFK51

Reaction score
On many occasions when I park my 20 Limited and press the button to turn off my truck it doesn't turn off but goes to the Accessory mode. When I press the button again it starts my truck up again. When I press again it then turns the truck off. Do not know what I am doing wrong.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Is your foot on the brake by chance. Only noticed once with mine it went from run to accessory for some odd reason.

drstein

Reaction score
Mine does that too. I figured its me as well. When I shut the truck off, many times, w/o thinking, my foot may be on the brake and it goes to ACC ? That was the only thing I can think of. A minor annoyance.

jlau76

Reaction score
It's because you turn off the truck before turning the knob into P. It will go into acc mode. It's probably turning on because your foot is still on the brakes when you hit that button to go to off. You're doing it without thinking or know it. I know this because this was my issue i.e. I was the issue.

drstein

Reaction score
In my defense, I have been hit in the head alot over the years...though I'm pretty sure I put it in park. The only reason I say that is because I always set the parking brake before I put it in park.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
In my defense, I have been hit in the head alot over the years...though I'm pretty sure I put it in park. The only reason I say that is because I always set the parking brake before I put it in park.
I use the auto parking brake set feature from Uconnect, and mine never does that. Of course, you should not have to use a special feature to have your truck work correctly. Like @jlau76 said, I know it works like this if you forget to move the knob to P before shutting off the vehicle. But if you are doing that and it's still happening, sounds like there is an issue with the truck.

d19r93

Reaction score
I would agree with the shifting to park idea. I have done it a few times myself, it will go to accessory, and will auto shift to park, so you don't realize it happens unless you watch it move to park.

BugGuy

Reaction score
It happens to me occasoionally. I chalk it up to user error. I think it could be inadvertantly double tapping the on/off button.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This happens to me as well and it is being caused by too light of finger pressure on the button to switch the engine off. Seemed to occur when I was in a hurry to shut the engine off. Since I now am more patient getting out of the vehicle, it hasn't happened.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029559 miles.

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
On many occasions when I park my 20 Limited and press the button to turn off my truck it doesn't turn off but goes to the Accessory mode. When I press the button again it starts my truck up again. When I press again it then turns the truck off. Do not know what I am doing wrong.

Mine has done it a few times, but I don't even think about it, really. I suspect I'm putting it into park and turning it off too fast, but just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread