5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What alphaOBD mods should i do

Rogo725

Reaction score
What are some features you have turned on using the alpha OBD and bypass module? Mine arrives today and I’m doing the DRLs with high beams to start as well as the cargo lights in the bed once i install.

Rocsolid

Reaction score
I really want to know if you can do the factory electric running boards with it ???????

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I really want to know if you can do the factory electric running boards with it ???????
You can. The factory boards will work without AlfaOBD settings. But, if you want the onscreen deployment button then you need to adjust the settings in AlfaOBD.

Last edited:

Rocsolid

Reaction score
You can. The factory boards will work without AlfaOBD settings. But, if you want the onscreen deployment button then you need to adjust the settings in AlfaOBD.

Awesome. Good to know. Have you done it by any chance???

dinomufin

Reaction score
There are like 3 people asking. But there's a thread here about enabling rain sensing wipers. It requires 2 things:

1. There's a sensor behind your rear view mirror. This sensor detects humidity inside the cabin. If your truck came with rain sensing wipers, it uses a different sensor in this spot. You order that sensor (which looks identical to the one you have) and swap it in. The new sensor detects moisture inside as well as senses rain on the windshield.

2. You need an AlfaOBD setup. There's some took you have to plug in to the truck that bypasses the security which will then enable you to use AlfaOBD to change settings. You use a bluetooth/wifi/etc device and AlfaoOBD to go into settings in Uconnect and enable rain sensing wipers. Then, rain sensing wipers will show up as an option in Uconnect. You simply enable it.

Sorry, too busy right now but if you search the forum you can find the thread.

smonska

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread as I just got AlfaOBD. I know about the "no foglight dropout", enabling security alarm, enabling rain-sensing wipers (ordered 68298334AA sensor), and if I buy it at some point turning on the Trailer Brake Controller kit.

Was bummed to find out the Fob-windows-down doesn't work on the 5th gens. Have that on my car and it is nice in the summer.

Any other AlfaOBD mods I should consider?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mods or settings?

You can use AlfaOBD to change some of the things your truck does (fogs on with high beams, DRL stuff, change boot splash screens, etc.) and you can use it to "activate" things you add/change (OEM bed lighting, trailer brake controller, power-folding mirrors, etc.).

It's more what you want to do rather than what can be done.

Some good links in post #1 about using AlfaOBD and capabilities:

Cignadude

Reaction score
What are some features you have turned on using the alpha OBD and bypass module? Mine arrives today and I’m doing the DRLs with high beams to start as well as the cargo lights in the bed once i install.
Just did my first two yesterday. Fogs stay on with brights and seat belt chime.

gmcadams

Reaction score
looking for help, I have the alpha obd and was successful at changing my tire size in cluster. now would like to find some clarification on how to make my fog lights stay on with the high beams, 2021 ram 1500 lonestar.

Wooddoctorjon

Reaction score
looking for help, I have the alpha obd and was successful at changing my tire size in cluster. now would like to find some clarification on how to make my fog lights stay on with the high beams, 2021 ram 1500 lonestar.
I have '20 Ram and needing to recalibrate the speedo as well. Did you accomplish this with just the obd app and cable?

Users who are viewing this thread