5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What “Tuner” is best?

AKA BIZ

Reaction score
I am trying to decide what “tuner” to get. I see things about Pulsar, Peddle Commander & Diablo Tuner and am trying to find out what everyone thinks. I am putting larger tires on my truck and want to know if any of these compensate for that. Will they calibrate the speedometer for the large tires? Which one gives you the best performance and ease of use? I am new to Ram and these kinds of mods so any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am trying to decide what “tuner” to get. I see things about Pulsar, Peddle Commander & Diablo Tuner and am trying to find out what everyone thinks. I am putting larger tires on my truck and want to know if any of these compensate for that. Will they calibrate the speedometer for the large tires? Which one gives you the best performance and ease of use? I am new to Ram and these kinds of mods so any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
I got the pedal commander and i love it I've had the pulsar but didn't really care for it. I also lifted my truck and put 35's on it and turned my pedal commander up two notches and lag from the tires are gone.
I also got the rough country Speedo calibration tool to change my tires size.

768mph

Reaction score
Vitesse Throttle Booster.
$179 and does everything a pedal commander does for half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM convert

Reaction score
I’m thinking of going with Diablo pcm and tuner. It removes top speed and the pcm is unlocked for possible future upgrades. They send the new unlocked pcm pre loaded with original factory settings. Then choice of different tunes they have programmed in hand held . Expensive though.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pedal commander doesnt do anything but change the throttle sensitivity, which may feel great and all that but it’s not going to help fix your Speedo.

The other two can also do that, although it’s not as simple to adjust it, and can do some other stuff like fix your speedometer. You’d have to look at their websites for all the details, diablo can also disable MDS (the only one) as it’s actual “tune” that writes over the pcm.

A lot of people have had issues with the pulsar, a lot of people like it. I wouldn’t use it personally, my thoughts are either do it or don’t. Get yourself a custom tune via diablo or stop messing with it.

There’s nothing that’s going to compensate for the lost power from the tires, but you could get some better drivability/feeling in general out of these. Just correcting the Speedo is the big thing, my truck accelerates fine now but wasn’t too good with the Speedo off.

Users who are viewing this thread