5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s This?

Reaction score
Looking under my instrument panel, I noticed this little electrical component. It has two small wires (black and red) and a tiny push button.
It is screwed to the bolster covering the fuse panel.
The wires appear to go to a wire bundle where there there also is a half-dozen small wire taps.

Attachments

• 18F1CF44-5BAD-4C62-9B8A-CDAE6CB9E977.jpeg
    18F1CF44-5BAD-4C62-9B8A-CDAE6CB9E977.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 132
  • AC6CD61C-4FD4-421C-9A23-AC68B6109929.jpeg
    AC6CD61C-4FD4-421C-9A23-AC68B6109929.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 132

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Someone else just posted a picture of pretty much the same thing. It's a remote disable device installed by dealer. Allows them to track and disable the vehicle if someone misses payments. If you bought used, could have been installed for first owner, or by the used car lot.

Reaction score
Looking under my instrument panel, I noticed this little electrical component. It has two small wires (black and red) and a tiny push button.
It is screwed to the bolster covering the fuse panel.
The wires appear to go to a wire bundle where there there also is a half-dozen small wire taps.
I found some documentation on the truck from when I bought it. It must be the KARR security system that they tried to sell to me for $995.
I told them “thanks but no thanks”.
I really don’t like the way they tore into the factory wire bundle to scab it on with scotch-lock type connections.
I don’t know what other pieces or parts were removed when I didn’t buy the system.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found some documentation on the truck from when I bought it. It must be the KARR security system that they tried to sell to me for $995.
I told them “thanks but no thanks”.
I really don’t like the way they tore into the factory wire bundle to scab it on with scotch-lock type connections.
I don’t know what other pieces or parts were removed when I didn’t buy the system.
They offered it to me for free and I never called to setup the installation appointment. I don't need someone tapping into my wiring harness.

Users who are viewing this thread