5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s the Best choice of Mud Flaps, Spray-In Bedliner and Cab Length Steps

EJanx07

Reaction score
Hey, I traded in my 2010 Ram 1500: Big Horn-Crew Cab, for a 2019 Ram 1500: Big Horn/Lone Star-Crew Cab, w/ Off-Road Package.
I need to buy/install some good mud flaps for the front & back, spray-in bed liner and maybe some nerf bars or some type of step for the kids to get in easier.
What would you recommend for each accessory? Thanks!

Birdphoto19

Reaction score
I just installed the WeatherTech mud flaps and they look great. 10 minute install for all four. They simply lay over the existing trim that is factory installed.

I am dropping it off at LineX tomorrow for their atbdrd bed liner since I’m getting a tonneau cover. Can’t wait to check this off my list.

79 300

Reaction score
I'll second the recommendation for Weathertech mud flaps. I ordered the factory bedliner in mine, but I would most likely go to Line-x if I bought one without it.

ajosephngs

Reaction score
I chose the rb20 steps from go rhino. Really depends on your style but I picked them because the fit up high and tight so you do look closer to the ground.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Another recommendation for WeatherTech mud flaps from this muchacho... Quick/easy install and fit nicely.

As far as liners and steps, everyone has their own personal tastes. Here are mine:

Bullet spray in liner:
1547995325627.png

Ionic 5" Railway steps:
1547995417973.png

CharlieP

Reaction score
Hey, I traded in my 2010 Ram 1500: Big Horn-Crew Cab, for a 2019 Ram 1500: Big Horn/Lone Star-Crew Cab, w/ Off-Road Package.
I need to buy/install some good mud flaps for the front & back, spray-in bed liner and maybe some nerf bars or some type of step for the kids to get in easier.
Weathertech mud flaps, Linex Premium, Westin R7 Running Boards.

doug55579

Reaction score
My Weathertech mudflaps fit perfectly They look good and are easy to install. I have a Line-Ex spray in liner. This is my third pickup that has had Line-Ex and I have had great luck, As for steps, it is personal preference. I have Rough Country cab length nef steps. I love the look but some prefer a more traditional flat running board.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WeatherTech, Line-X, Mopar power steps

Firebird

Reaction score
I will look at those Weathertech flaps, need some myself. My truck has a drop in bed liner, with a rubber mat, works well. Also, it came with the Mopar wheel to wheel boards, which I love!

ET32913

Reaction score
Well, I don't do the mudflap thing but I have the OEM power steps that came with the truck and love them (the wife made me get all the bells and whistles...I swear!!!). The dealer threw in Line-X on my previous truck but no such luck this time. I gave Full Metal Jacket (100% polyurea) a try and I'm happy with it. bedliner.jpeg

rgberg

Reaction score
I chose Line-X premium (based on researching this forum and proximity to Line-X applicator) and was very happy with the results. Seems to be a common reaction throughout this forum, so it is a safe bet you too will be satisfied.

Nerf steps will come down to personal preference, but another option you can explore is the Rough Country Nerf Steps (identical to N-Fab Nerf Steps). Easily installed and looks great imo.

Attachments

• IMG_8187.JPG
    IMG_8187.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 58329618375__1C8A6D65-E2E8-42F1-9950-25A5C7CDEF2A.JPG
    58329618375__1C8A6D65-E2E8-42F1-9950-25A5C7CDEF2A.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 89

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With Line-X having a Lifetime warranty, and having a tonneau cover on, is there any reason to go for anything more than the Line-X Standard spray-in liner? With a cover on, which for me would be closed most of the time, I don't see needing the UV protection of the "higher" versions of the LX spray-in...?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just for some more data, I scheduled my truck for next week to get the Line-X Standard spray-in. The dealer said there was really no point in Premium if I was going to have a tonneau cover anyway. I definitely do not care if it is shiny...

Price on the Standard was quoted as $530+tax, or $500, out the door, if I pay cash.

The dealer is only 5 minutes from my house, so I jumped on that deal.

rgberg

Reaction score
Standard will be fine and you got a good deal. I chose premium knowing my bed will be exposed 50% of the time when I need full bed space to transport my mountain bike and other miscellaneous things. Also why I went with the Lomax tonneau cover for easy removal. Can’t beat shiny too! :)

MikeMatty

Reaction score
Another recommendation for WeatherTech mud flaps from this muchacho... Quick/easy install and fit nicely.

As far as liners and steps, everyone has their own personal tastes. Here are mine:

Bullet spray in liner:
View attachment 14088

Ionic 5" Railway steps:
View attachment 14089
How's your bullet liner holding up? I've been wanting to get bullet liner over linex because of a review I saw on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: c3k

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My setup…
Husky mud flaps
Line-X spray in bed liner
Mopar black running boards

Users who are viewing this thread