5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wet driver floor board

kosoku

Reaction score
2019 Laramie. I was vacuuming the interior when I noticed the driver side carpet was damp. I pulled up the carpet to find the carpet bed was soaked (pulled that out and have it hanging on a branch).
No obvious evidence to trace the leak from. No smell of mold or mildew so hasn't been too long.
The black plastic piece seem to have water from underneath it too but I currently don't have time to pull that up.
Has anyone else experience this before? Hoping for someone with experience on this (fingers crossed)
ram1.jpg

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few people post that there was a bad pinch weld behind the rubber door seal gasket that allows water to enter that area. May be a place to check

kosoku

Reaction score
when you say rubber door seal gasket" - I'm assuming you're referring to the seal on the body?

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am. On the front edge. You actually have it photographed above

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Behind that seal, people have reported a leak that will fill the floor board. Some have fixed it on their own using RTV

Vincent r

Reaction score
2019 Laramie. I was vacuuming the interior when I noticed the driver side carpet was damp. I pulled up the carpet to find the carpet bed was soaked (pulled that out and have it hanging on a branch).
No obvious evidence to trace the leak from. No smell of mold or mildew so hasn't been too long.
The black plastic piece seem to have water from underneath it too but I currently don't have time to pull that up.
Has anyone else experience this before? Hoping for someone with experience on this (fingers crossed)
View attachment 75794
Had my done too its not the door seal its a seem needs to go to body shop to have it fixed

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, some owners have reported that a weld behind that rubber gasket is allowing water to enter their floor boards. Pull that seal back, run water onto your cowling beneath the windshield, and see if water starts leaking along that seam.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s a thread on this site somewhere that has a photo of the seam leak behind that gasket. It should help you find the location. Not saying that’s going to be your issue, but it’s one you can check easily before you head to the dealer.

brewdad

Reaction score
What is the mileage on your Laramie? Your Ram is less than 3 years old and if under 36,000 miles the water leak problem is covered by warranty; any wet interior items will be replaced by warranty--don't let dealer service try to dry out wet carpet because it can be replaced. As a prior Warranty Administrator at a FCA dealership for 17 years, wet carpet & pads were approved for replacement 100% of the time without exception.

kosoku

Reaction score
What is the mileage on your Laramie? Your Ram is less than 3 years old and if under 36,000 miles the water leak problem is covered by warranty; any wet interior items will be replaced by warranty--don't let dealer service try to dry out wet carpet because it can be replaced. As a prior Warranty Administrator at a FCA dealership for 17 years, wet carpet & pads were approved for replacement 100% of the time without exception.
good to know!

I've only got 10k on the Laramie and it is under warranty. I'll set it up!

Users who are viewing this thread