5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wet Cargo Bed

Mrdlbrowntx

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble keeping rain out of their bed? I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn with a Undercover Armor Flex Tonneau Cover and of course there are no rear Stake Pocket Covers. I also put on a tailgate seal kit that seals up the bottom and sides really well. When it rains I am getting a lot of moisture in the bed on both sides near the tailgate. I’ve noticed there are some sizable gaps at the top of the tailgate where it meets the bed rails. Am I getting the rain in through the Stake Pockets or the large gaps around the top of the tailgate or both?

Last edited:

JRather

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have a folding hard cover that seals well, but the tailgate is the real problem. I thought the stake pockets were the culprit and installed really nice covers in them that seal well. If you pull your tonneau cover up and look down the sides of the tailgate there are huge gaps showing daylight. If you were to try hauling dirt or sand in the box it would pour out of both sides. I think this is a significant design flaw. I am taking my 2019 Laramie Longhorn in to the dealer for a hood flutter problem tomorrow and will show the tailgate issue as well. Looks like FCA needs to add major seals to both sides. I tried the rubber gaskets too and they did nothing!

ps When going through a car wash the bed gets soaked 2 feet into the bed. This will be a real problem as winter approaches here in Montana.

jmagsho

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have a folding hard cover that seals well, but the tailgate is the real problem. I thought the stake pockets were the culprit and installed really nice covers in them that seal well. If you pull your tonneau cover up and look down the sides of the tailgate there are huge gaps showing daylight. If you were to try hauling dirt or sand in the box it would pour out of both sides. I think this is a significant design flaw. I am taking my 2019 Laramie Longhorn in to the dealer for a hood flutter problem tomorrow and will show the tailgate issue as well. Looks like FCA needs to add major seals to both sides. I tried the rubber gaskets too and they did nothing!

ps When going through a car wash the bed gets soaked 2 feet into the bed. This will be a real problem as winter approaches here in Montana.
What kind of stake pocket covers did you get? I am looking to out some on my '19 as well.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
I found them on eBay, someone 3D prints them, perfect fit. Search for 2019 ram stake pocket covers

I bought the same ones myself. They fit well and so far have reduced the water I was getting in the bed when it rained.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, they do fit the 2019 Ram. Someone told me to get these when I had my 2014 Ram and they fit perfect, ordered another set for the 2019 and they fit perfect. Here is one installed
1-jpg.4794

Last edited:

JRather

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble keeping rain out of their bed? I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn with a Undercover Armor Flex Tonneau Cover and of course there are no rear Stake Pocket Covers. I also put on a tailgate seal kit that seals up the bottom and sides really well. When it rains I am getting a lot of moisture in the bed on both sides near the tailgate. I’ve noticed there are some sizable gaps at the top of the tailgate where it meets the bed rails. Am I getting the rain in through the Stake Pockets or the large gaps around the top of the tailgate or both?

I replaced my hard folding tonneau cover with a full hard cover (Undercover Elite) and ran it through the local high pressure car wash...problem solved!

Csiezega

Reaction score
Found these on eBay, pretty flush
2e64c74f7d8b007ff8d361d7ce59ca23.jpg
29590f7d373cec3ad4243aa91c1c1578.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdphoto19

Reaction score
I placed my order for he eBay stake covers. $22/pair. I’ll post some pictures and let you know how they work.

Mrdlbrowntx

Reaction score
What tailgate seal did you use? I, too, want to seal the bottom and sides of my tailgate. Thanks for any info.
I sure don't recall what brand it was. I just picked it up at a local shop that sells truck accessories. I would think any brand would work though.

JRather

Reaction score
I placed my order for he eBay stake covers. $22/pair. I’ll post some pictures and let you know how they work.
I have the stake pocket covers and they did not solve the leaks. Replaced the bed cover with a full hard cover from Undercover and that solved all leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread