5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Westin Stainless Pro Traxx 5" wheel to wheel nerf bar install question

Noggles

Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing the Westin Stainless Pro Traxx 5" wheel to wheel nerf bars on my 2020 Ram 1500 (Quad cab / 6'4" bed new body style).
I am curious if anyone has installed these and if so do you have any tips on installing the Top Isolator Bracket in step 8 of the instructions. (snippet attached.)

Installing the bracket requires you remove two bolts from the underside of the bed nearest the cab.

When you remove the bolt is the nut welded to the frame of the bed? If not how did you get a wrench on the nut?

Does anyone know what the torque spec is for these bolts when you put everything back together?

Thanks in advance.
topisolatorbrack.jpg

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed that wheel to wheel board - but on a short box, pretty sure it was all the same

That ‘4th bracket’ was definitely tougher than the other 3
- no nut to worry about, it’s welded in
- only 1 bolt per side, the bracket you put in is notched for that smaller one in the pic, no need to remove it

31b28d4fda8485a96eac113ddc8abecb.jpg

Noggles

Reaction score
Le_Slacker, Thanks for the response. I figured that bracket was going to be the hardest one. I just ordered them, so my adventure starts soon. Now I just need to find the torque spec on the bed bolt.

Noggles

Reaction score
Received them yesterday and installed them last night. The back brackets were the most difficult part but an impact wrench made things a little easier. I never could find a torque spec for the bed bolts so I torqued them to 150 ft lbs and will check them a few times. I also used blue lock-tight on all the nuts and bolts just to make sure nothing came loose. Looks and works good in my opinon.

Attachments

• 20200521_182127.jpg
    20200521_182127.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 48

Users who are viewing this thread