5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Michigan area smart key programming.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Hey all, I acquired some gear to program the smart keys on at least up to the 2023DT trucks. Not a professional shop or anything but I am sure I could help people out cheaper than the dealer or a lock smith.

I got my aftermarket keys from carandtruckremotes, not sponsored or anything but both types I ordered worked with no issues. I started looking into this after finding out the new trucks came with the remote start gear but it just want not activated and shipped without the remote.

I turned the feature on via AlpaODB and programmed the remotes myself. Now I have remote start and remote tailgate open. Not cost affective for most but I was in a position where I wanted to try and do it myself.

My interface cable plugs into the green SGW bypass block and the ODB interface, I tried the 12+8 cable and could not get the process to work with only that cable. Ive some say this is on the passenger side on their truck but I have owned 2 ram 1500dt's and both mine where on the drivers side below the dash left of the steering wheel behind the headlight switch.

If interested let me know, send me a pm. Just east of Grand Rapids. Not really looking to do all lost keys situations or anything else. and Must provide clear proof of ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread