5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well this just sucks! Gas

XDBrad

Reaction score
They make a fair point that the trucks aren’t getting advertised MPG, but how many of us even looked at those numbers when we purchased? I was getting 18-19 out of my 15 GMC and I’m getting pretty much the same out of my Ram. I’m happy and if I bought for MPG I wouldn’t have even looked at any of the three they tested...

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Posted many, many, many times. MPG should be a buried subject by now... the horse is dead, beaten and put through the wood chipper. Rebels shouldn't and don't get regular 1500 mpg.

I know... It's like catnip to me, these redundant MPG threads... I can't help replying to these repetitive mpg complaints.

Last edited:

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I didn’t look at the mpg before buying but worse than a Raptor? Just one of the things negative about the truck even guy making video that purchased as long term not impressed . Don’t be so defensive it’s not flattering. Kinda childish

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I didn’t look at the mpg before buying but worse than a Raptor? Just one of the things negative about the truck even guy making video that purchased as long term not impressed . Don’t be so defensive it’s not flattering. Kinda childish
Edited my post to be less childish. Main reason for replying was just to let you know there are many threads about MPG for all versions/trims of the 5th Gen Rams. The Rebel is clearly mislabeled on the window sticker, but all manufacturers get away with as much as they can when it comes to "the fine print".
Apologies for any unintended insult.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yet another MPG thread linking the same video. Was there something said here that couldn't have been said in the other threads?

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't read my thread if it upsets you. That's all. I don't read every thread here and don't get personal.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Rebel is a wonderful rig that can be an oversized Jeep, a luxury SUV with a giant trunk, has back seat legroom from a limousine , and ability to tow and haul loads that 3/4 ton trucks could only handle years ago. It has 33" offroad tires that not only make it look cool, but can get you through some rough snow and muddy roads with a pushbutton locking rear end and great ground clearance......and a 400hp HEMI that has plenty of beans. Put a great aftermarket exhaust on it and enjoy its capability. This is a "swiss army knife" of big vehicles. If we can get 12-16 mpg range, we should accept it with a smile. Trucks use to be rough riding, noisy, bland interiors with metal or plastic everywhere and get 10-12 mpg empty. They wandered on road and didn't like fast curves without some driver getting big eyes and a little butt clenching. These are Lexus riding hot rods that can go offroad !!! I bet more females look your way in a flashy Ram than they ever would in a Prius. :cool: .......just my 2 cents of ramble. IMG_3406.JPG IMG_3432.JPG IMG_3296.JPG IMG_3291.JPG

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly I love this truck!! I wasn’t complaining like I said only a minor annoyance. My apologies for not seeing the video before if it was posted here.

S

Smashy71

Y
The Rebel is a wonderful rig that can be an oversized Jeep, a luxury SUV with a giant trunk, has back seat legroom from a limousine , and ability to tow and haul loads that 3/4 ton trucks could only handle years ago. It has 33" offroad tires that not only make it look cool, but can get you through some rough snow and muddy roads with a pushbutton locking rear end and great ground clearance......and a 400hp HEMI that has plenty of beans. Put a great aftermarket exhaust on it and enjoy its capability. This is a "swiss army knife" of big vehicles. If we can get 12-16 mpg range, we should accept it with a smile. Trucks use to be rough riding, noisy, bland interiors with metal or plastic everywhere and get 10-12 mpg empty. They wandered on road and didn't like fast curves without some driver getting big eyes and a little butt clenching. These are Lexus riding hot rods that can go offroad !!! I bet more females look your way in a flashy Ram than they ever would in a Prius. :cool: .......just my 2 cents of ramble. View attachment 10871 View attachment 10872 View attachment 10874 View attachment 10875

You’re right about getting through the snow. Me being from northeast Oklahoma and the most snow I’ve seen at one time was 5 inches and that may happen once every 3-5 years. Until moving to north Idaho last month. All it does is snow here and I’ve been having a blast in it. (y)

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Rebel is a wonderful rig that can be an oversized Jeep, a luxury SUV with a giant trunk, has back seat legroom from a limousine , and ability to tow and haul loads that 3/4 ton trucks could only handle years ago. It has 33" offroad tires that not only make it look cool, but can get you through some rough snow and muddy roads with a pushbutton locking rear end and great ground clearance......and a 400hp HEMI that has plenty of beans. Put a great aftermarket exhaust on it and enjoy its capability. This is a "swiss army knife" of big vehicles. If we can get 12-16 mpg range, we should accept it with a smile. Trucks use to be rough riding, noisy, bland interiors with metal or plastic everywhere and get 10-12 mpg empty. They wandered on road and didn't like fast curves without some driver getting big eyes and a little butt clenching. These are Lexus riding hot rods that can go offroad !!! I bet more females look your way in a flashy Ram than they ever would in a Prius. :cool: .......just my 2 cents of ramble. View attachment 10871 View attachment 10872 View attachment 10874 View attachment 10875
Sweet rig.

ortvk

Reaction score
Went from 19 mpg in a 2016 V6 Colorado to about 15/16 MPG in my rebel. Still haven't batted an eye. Trucks amazing will do everything I ever need it to do and then some. Just wish it would snow so I can have some fun :devilish:

Users who are viewing this thread