5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well...no more Pedal Commander for me.

UnclJim

Reaction score
no such luck with me might not have been the PC in my case Was able to get appointment right away at dealer just waiting on call to go pick him up.
ended up being a broken wire in the brake switch not the PC in my case

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only ones I'd consider are the ones that take power from the OBD2 port, like the banks pedal monster. Other devices are powered from the pedal circuit itself and apparently that is not a good thing.

I no longer use the PM but from when I looked into it it was the better design, built right in America as well so there's that.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Pedal Commander for almost 5 yeas and in the past year or so I have started seeing the Christmas celebration every now and again since my battery was replaced several months ago. I have tried two different batteries and still have the issue. I am now going to remove the Pedal Commander and see if I continue to have issues. Thanks for posting!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the cheap 9-drive from Amazon. I set it and forgot I even have it. No issues here AND my truck is tuned.
Can you link the one you have? None of the ones I saw said 5th gen ram

Loudram

Reaction score
Can you link the one you have? None of the ones I saw said 5th gen ram
This is the 9-drive style I use. No issues and no codes. Only $68. I'm one of the reviewers as well because it was a Vine product.

Throttle Accelerator Controller Booster 9 Mode Drive Improve vehicle throttle sensitivity Fits For Chevrolet Dodge Jeep Chrysler Hummer Nissan https://a.co/d/iLOGgI2

Screenshot_20230828_192816_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

Zirizz

Reaction score
Had a JMS and it's cause 6 different check engine lights. People told me it was due to the product. Contacted JMS and they refuse to believe their product caused this after emailing invoices of diagnosis of it saying it is in fact the product. Mailed them product and was told they had stuff messed up with firmware. Still they refuse to fix my truck. Would not recommend at all.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had a JMS and it's cause 6 different check engine lights. People told me it was due to the product. Contacted JMS and they refuse to believe their product caused this after emailing invoices of diagnosis of it saying it is in fact the product. Mailed them product and was told they had stuff messed up with firmware. Still they refuse to fix my truck. Would not recommend at all.

We've had this discussion years ago and it got heated; the only pedal product that's safe is the banks pedal monster. The rest all feed off of the pedal circuit and that is going to cause issues (for some, but that may include you).

Zirizz

Reaction score
We've had this discussion years ago and it got heated; the only pedal product that's safe is the banks pedal monster. The rest all feed off of the pedal circuit and that is going to cause issues (for some, but that may include you).
Yea it's sucks how they are defending their pos product. The guy said it can't mess up my PCM. I told him im not the only one, and read him reivews on the forums page about JMS.Trying to contact the CEO wish me luck guys

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is the 9-drive style I use. No issues and no codes. Only $68. I'm one of the reviewers as well because it was a Vine product.

Throttle Accelerator Controller Booster 9 Mode Drive Improve vehicle throttle sensitivity Fits For Chevrolet Dodge Jeep Chrysler Hummer Nissan https://a.co/d/iLOGgI2

View attachment 166165
If this works just as good, it would be worth a shot.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have used my Sprint Booster for the past 10k miles\year and no problems yet.

I just got an Pedal Commander off of Amazon to test, but I did plan on returning it.
No problems so far either.

Users who are viewing this thread