5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well messed up my 22in black laramie wheel and have a question

Crableg85

Reaction score
Finally happened messed up my laramie 22in black wheel on the passenger side anyone have the part number or have one for sale lmk thanks

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1605800754110.jpg
    FB_IMG_1605800754110.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 177

Bwsteg

Reaction score
My wife curbed 2 of my wheels as well. I took it to a very reputable shop and the Powdercoating texture and exact color match is not 100%. The oem is painted.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When it comes time to buy tires, you may look at getting a tire that comes with a rim protector. My continentals have them and it will defiantly help prevent this type of damage.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a disadvantage of larger rims, the curbs are higher than the sidewall of the tires, but they look good, the tires are quiet and fuel efficient.

My Rebel rims are only 18”, the tires are 33” tall so the sidewall is wide and the rubber is really thick at the bead for protection. They are very good off-road, 10 plies that can handle more weight and will not puncture easily on gravels rough roads.

The disadvantage, they are noisier and not as efficient fuel wise. They are also not good on ice, well I guess the all seasons are also not the very good.

In my case I have the OEM Rebel wheels and a set of winter wheels, I don’t do a lot of off-roading, mostly highway/city so a third set for highway trips would be an option, but a lot of $.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I messed up two of my 20" limited rims (i have only ever hit a curb twice in my life. and of course with the two most expensive vehicles I have owned) and was quoted $135/ea would fix them. Thats the company coming to my house, taking the tire from the truck, unmounting, repair, mounting and install. They said the quote is for if the rims were nearly trashed too.

Abesosa

Reaction score
I messed up two of my 20" limited rims (i have only ever hit a curb twice in my life. and of course with the two most expensive vehicles I have owned) and was quoted $135/ea would fix them. Thats the company coming to my house, taking the tire from the truck, unmounting, repair, mounting and install. They said the quote is for if the rims were nearly trashed too.

That’s a great price! I need to find a place like that by me

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klicht87

Reaction score
I scraped a curb with mine shortly after I got it. Did some light sanding and sprayed it with Rustoleum Satin Black spray paint. Can't even tell.

Note: I wanted to cry when I did it because I only had the truck for about 3 months.

XmikeX

Reaction score
plastidip and move on? joking, but that's an expensive throw away over a little curb rash when you can fix it.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another vote for plastidip. Touch up skills are a must if you have 22's wrapped with rubberbands

Abesosa

Reaction score
Their new hyper dip line is really good!

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread