5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, guys... I jumped ship!

BNeal

Reaction score
CROSS POSTED
Well, I retired on December 31st. and my wife and I decided we didn't need all of these vehicles as she works from home. So, the cars just sit in the garage and cost us money while they depreciate. So... she refuses to drive my Ram (said it's too big), and I have to have a truck. Was going to hold out to see if Ram comes out with that Dakota, but took a test drive in the new '23 GMC Canyon Denali, and I was blown away with the ride, fit and finish and overall comfort. It is pretty much as luxurious as my Limited, so I made the trade.

I'll still check in, and who knows, I may be back in a Ram again some day. Here are a few pic's of the new hot rod...
1685738019855.png 1685738051027.png 1685738101765.png 1685738129204.png

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I gotta admit, I actually really like those new Canyons. I feel spoiled with how large the interior of the Ram is though lol even though I definitely don’t “need” a truck this big, I sure love it. Not to mention the 6’4 bed is also way bigger than I typically use, but there’s been plenty of occasions where I’ve used every inch of the bed. That being said, the new Canyon looks extremely nice and man I’m sure it would be a wayyy better daily driver and more fuel efficient than the Ram lol. Nice purchase! I’m really hoping the Dakota actually turns out cool but idk, I’m not really holding my breath. I think the Colorado/Canyon siblings are going to be the nicest midsize trucks for a while.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck! I'm wondering if the latest Canyon/Colorado has more room inside. Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks as big as the Ram 1500 it's sitting next to. My main complaint with those mid-size trucks is how cramped I felt in the driver's seat.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck! I'm wondering if the latest Canyon/Colorado has more room inside. Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks as big as the Ram 1500 it's sitting next to. My main complaint with those mid-size trucks is how cramped I felt in the driver's seat.
I’ll admit I haven’t spent a bunch of time in one, but I did sit in one for about 5 minutes at the LA auto show last year. When I adjusted the driver seat to where I like it and then got in the backseat my knees were definitely hitting the seat and kinda needed to be on the sides of the seat. I’m 6’ and sit in a pretty normal position, not too far back or forward. In my opinion it felt the same size as all the other midsize trucks or close to how the Ram Quad Cab feels. Up front it’s seriously nice though. Feels like a high end SUV vs a typical truck

U

User_3336

I think the Colorado/Canyon siblings are going to be the nicest midsize trucks for a while.
EHHHHH, Maybe the Canyon. But the Nissan Frontier Pro-4X is a nice truck as well if you like compacts.

BNeal

Reaction score
The front seat area is really comfortable - it's not a Ram Limited, but really impressive for a mid-size. I am 6'1" and 275 and I am really comfortable driving it. And that was priority number one when making the decision to make this move. The backseat, however, well those poor saps are in for a long ride. Almost no room in the back when I have the drivers seat in a comfortable spot for me. But it's just the 2-of us now, so not too concerned about the back seat.

BNeal

Reaction score
On another note, I bet you paid out the A** for that Canyon, especially being a Denali, most likely even more than a fully equipped Frontier Pro4X
It was expensive - $60k, but it pretty much has everything my Limited has and even more in some areas. I had to pay MSRP, but I got $55k for my Ram.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I think you will regret that move! Going from a full size to a compact truck. I've did it, didn't like it, and ultimately went back to a RAM. But, hey, one has to do with what they are happy with!

I did drive a Canyon back a while ago, but it had a choppy ride. the body styling looks great. Not a fan of the new interior. The previous one looked dated, but seriously don't like that one (but that's just my opinion).

Pretty hard to beat the spacious interior of a RAM, including the ride.

On another note, I bet you paid out the A** for that Canyon, especially being a Denali, most likely even more than a fully equipped Frontier Pro4X
Dude you have like 5 posts in a row hating on the truck and this guy’s decision…it’s childish. He’s not asking for your opinion, nor is he using your money, so you shouldn’t be so hellbent on telling him he overpaid or what you don’t like about his truck. And on top of that, who in their right mind would eveeerrrr buy a Nissan Frontier over any of the other midsize options? Lol. The frontier is absolutely dead last 😂

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Rented a Canyon on a trip last year.
Had 3 pieces of luggage. <---My wife's fault.
Two barely fit in the back row. Had to throw the third in the bed of the truck and it was raining.
It was a 2 hour drive and many items were wet.
This turned me off from not having a full size truck.

beetlespin

Reaction score
I went from a F-150 to a Ranger Larriot once. Although it was a really nice truck it was just too small.

U

User_3336

Dude you have like 5 posts in a row hating on the truck and this guy’s decision…it’s childish. He’s not asking for your opinion, nor is he using your money, so you shouldn’t be so hellbent on telling him he overpaid or what you don’t like about his truck. And on top of that, who in their right mind would eveeerrrr buy a Nissan Frontier over any of the other midsize options? Lol. The frontier is absolutely dead last 😂
Skip past the 5 post then. This is an open forum and there will be both opinions for and against everything posted.

I did say "in my opinion".

A Frontier sure isn't in YOUR future, but since the refresh in 22, Nissan has sold a sh*t load of Frontiers, but then again, it goes back to "opinion". Show me sales figures where the Frontier is "dead last".

As long as the OP is happy with his purchase, no one elses opinion or "hating his truck" matters. (and YOU sure seem to have much more of a problem with I said than the OP did)

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Skip past the 5 post then. This is an open forum and there will be both opinions for and against everything posted.

I did say "in my opinion".

A Frontier sure isn't in YOUR future, but since the refresh in 22, Nissan has sold a sh*t load of Frontiers, but then again, it goes back to "opinion". Show me sales figures where the Frontier is "dead last".

As long as the OP is happy with his purchase, no one elses opinion or "hating his truck" matters. (and YOU sure seem to have much more of a problem with I said than the OP did)

Sales figures are not the metric to focus on, unless you think you're driving a 3rd place truck?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck! We almost bought one a few years ago, but they wouldn't deal, and Nissan would.

I love my Ram, but sure miss the exterior dimensions and dexterity of a midsize. Will probably stay with full size till the kids are on their own, then go back down, but they'll probably all be EV's by then.

Users who are viewing this thread