5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome fellow Californians!

Enoodles82

Reaction score
Sacramento here! Lurking....waiting for my 21 Bighorn Night Package to come next week!

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Los Angeles here! Waiting on my Limited Night Package. Ordered from Phillip Olsen/Bud Clary in WA.

DevinB

Reaction score
Central California (Lancaster/Palmdale area) and Thousand Oaks. See my sig for truck details and delivery timeline. Just took delivery a few weeks ago from Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, Idaho (about 30 minutes west of Boise), and then drove it home, stopping for a day/night in Lake Tahoe both ways. A few pics from the drive back. (parking lot, Northern Nevada, then Walker Pass on I395 South close to Mammoth). Just finished jumping through hoops to get truck registered in our state...weight slip from CAT scale, Vin Verification, Smog on brand new vehicle, then about $600 in registration fees on top of the roughly 6k in sales tax....Ahhhhh California. At least she's a pretty state.

File_000.jpeg

File_007.jpeg

File_008.jpeg

File_011.jpeg

File_014.jpeg

ben b

Reaction score
Central California (Lancaster/Palmdale area) and Thousand Oaks. See my sig for truck details and delivery timeline. Just took delivery a few weeks ago from Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, Idaho (about 30 minutes west of Boise), and then drove it home, stopping for a day/night in Lake Tahoe both ways. A few pics from the drive back. (parking lot, Northern Nevada, then Walker Pass on I395 South close to Mammoth). Just finished jumping through hoops to get truck registered in our state...weight slip from CAT scale, Vin Verification, Smog on brand new vehicle, then about $600 in registration fees on top of the roughly 6k in sales tax....Ahhhhh California. At least she's a pretty state.

View attachment 92323

View attachment 92324

View attachment 92325

View attachment 92326

View attachment 92327
Gorgeous photos. Both your truck and the scenery.

I'm sure our Guv will use our $ very efficiently on totally appropriate items. I expect he will be sending you a bill for including such beautiful background in photos.

DevinB

Reaction score
Gorgeous photos. Both your truck and the scenery.

I'm sure our Guv will use our $ very efficiently on totally appropriate items. I expect he will be sending you a bill for including such beautiful background in photos.
ha, oh yes I'm sure. Need to hire more folks to count the tax $. :)

thanks for the reply. Drive back was eye-candy pretty much the whole way. best of luck with your order. loved the look of the Limited Longhorn interior as well. almost bought it.

Another fun fact I learned about CA. This is the first pickup i've owned in CA, and they actually register it as a commercial vehicle....it says commercial on my registration....just so they can tax it more. I asked a buddy with a tiny mid nineties tacoma...and yep, his is registered as a 'commercial' vehicle as well due to its pickup-ness, meanwhile the Chevy Tahoe that weighs twice as much isn't. *shaking head*

Tombo65

Reaction score
ha, oh yes I'm sure. Need to hire more folks to count the tax $. :)

thanks for the reply. Drive back was eye-candy pretty much the whole way. best of luck with your order. loved the look of the Limited Longhorn interior as well. almost bought it.

Another fun fact I learned about CA. This is the first pickup i've owned in CA, and they actually register it as a commercial vehicle....it says commercial on my registration....just so they can tax it more. I asked a buddy with a tiny mid nineties tacoma...and yep, his is registered as a 'commercial' vehicle as well due to its pickup-ness, meanwhile the Chevy Tahoe that weighs twice as much isn't. *shaking head*
Man it could be a 1984 Toyota pick up and it's still commercial. If you have a camper, it can be registered as such. Glad I can keep Texas registration and live here, saves me about $2000 a year between all the vehicles.

RebelOne

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a Rebel. How large is the Ram community here in SoCal? Events? Off Roaading? Meets? Do thye exist or pretty scarce? Thanks

Duran

Reaction score
Their everywhere here in sb area

rzims

Reaction score
San Jose/Grass Valley here.....working to make it full time in GV....

Jr22

Reaction score
Anyone in norcal interested in the Limited 22's with Original tires and TPMS? Got my wheels, tires and lift kit installed. Trying to clean out the garage

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
‘22 Rebel down in the Temecula area.
Any SoCal people have any recommendations for a shop comfortable with working on our air suspensions?

Users who are viewing this thread